Finally got the mix ive been searching for! FULL SONG inside

• Thread starter Gemmeadia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16663640/supertight4000.mp3

I started using Steven Slate Drums and after messing around with the settings and drums, i couldnt be happier after only spending $80. This is the newest song (without vocals yet) for the full length cd I am writing.

Drums:
Steven Slate Drums EX

Guitar:
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 -> AxeFX Ultra

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Djentliman

wants a diff name!
Reaction score
this is a really good mix! i love it! i will critique it later as im listening in crappy computer speakers. If you could supply DI's/stems that would be great!

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
The guitars are just straight from my axe-fx with distortion and some post EQ in the mix, so no DI tracks.

I only added a bit of compression, reverb and EQ on the drums! I love them so much more than my 2+ years of experience with SD2 lol

Scottckr

Wololololo
Reaction score
Wow, those drums sound huge, not a big fan of that kick though, but everything else about the drums sound amazing, especially the snare.
Imo the guitar tone is a bit too fizzy, but that's probably just me, great mix overall :)
Kinda makes me wanna try steven slate drums

Dash

Reaction score
Drums sound great brah. Tone is good too, a bit fizzy I guess but sounds good and aggressive. Did you use parallel compression on the snare and toms?

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I just used Reacomp within reaper on the kick and snare, only reverb and eq on the toms.

Ive tried everything to make these pickups sound clear, time to switch them out for some SD Blackouts.

geoffshreds

Reaction score
damn man that sounds real good! i like the song too..reminiscent of The Acacia Strain at parts. would love to hear some vocals on it

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! There will definitely be vocals on this as it will be on my full length cd! Ill post it when it is finished.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Drop G! Do you have a Floyd? If so, I highly recommend getting a Tremol-No. It is sooo awesome.

gamber

Reaction score
hey howd you do that liottle fade in at the intro?

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
This sounds sick. Awesome work :D Look forward to hearing it with vocals. Makes me wanna try Steven Slate drums too.

')