Finally have a tone worth showing

• Thread starter schecter4life
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
AHHHH:scream: i always screw something up in my mix...this tone sounded sooooooo perfect to me i almost shat a brick, but then i noticed my subwoofer's volume was all the way down...i turned at back to normal only to realize i had just a little too much bass in my tone...the tone hunt...it never ends

It's hard to tell with so much fizz on top of the tone but generally you want to be low-passing around 8 kHz and high-passing around 80-100 Hz. Then you might find some isolated nodes of room excitement or cab fizz that you want to get rid of so get a parametric EQ, tighten the Q value as much as possible and set it to maximum boost, then drag the frequency around until you find the horrible junk frequencies and cut them a bit (not too much otherwise you'll ruin the character of the cabinet).
THIS^^ THANK YOU SO MUCH OXIDATION:hbang:

NO CLIPPING!!!! by schecter4life on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

tube screamer sim is TSE808
http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/plugins/TSE_808v1.0.zip

Amp model is AcmeBarGig's C-15
C-15 | AcmeBarGig

used lepou lecab impulse loader to load a free orange 4x12 impulse i found in a google search for "free orange impulse" (100% credit goes to FearComplexMusic over on the guitarampmodeling.dot.com forums for creating this FABULOUS IR)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3202762/orange_2_mics.rar

the compressor, noise suppressor, and EQ i used are stock Mixcraft plugins

(classic compressor, classic eq, and sony noise suppressor)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
sounds good, but I think you could back off the gain a little, it's very fizzy and sounds like the gain is at 10 :p

Pedrojoca

Gear Whore
Reaction score
sounds cool and all, but lacks clarity. In a mix it'd sound like a cloud of guitars. Work those low mids

')