Finally Joined the PRS Club..

• Thread starter Corpsegrinder88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
So ive been in the market for a Super nice PRS with Brazilian fingerboard for quite sometime..

Was on ebay and saw a guy Near Dallas that has a few for sale. so called him up and went over. was blown away at all the rare and nice PRS's this dude has.. man. whew.. had to leave quick or i would go broke..

but I really love the grain texture in this cut of Brazilian.. very nice and rich i think.. Natural Flame with Gold HW. I call this the Classy guitar.. . like a 500 dollar blowjob.. :lol::lol::lol:

Its an SC245 and funny thing. has Paul reeds autograph on the back. not under the clear. so guess someone had him sign it..

Anyways. grab a tissue or paper towl and the windex.. you might need it..

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
That is gorgeous! one of the nicest singlecuts I've seen, one of the nicest guitars period.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Nice 245! I don't think I've ever seen one not glossed.

What do you think of the pickups?

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
Nice score man! PRS's are the shit. I'm in the market for a custom 24 artist. I may try to scoop up a modern eagle, or a 513 with a rosewood neck.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Not the kind of guitar I'd have assosciated with someone called "Corpsegrinder88", but it is a nice guitar. I'd probably change the Epiphone LP tuners, but thats just me.

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
Not the kind of guitar I'd have assosciated with someone called "Corpsegrinder88", but it is a nice guitar. I'd probably change the Epiphone LP tuners, but thats just me.

Actually those are factory.. although i do think it should have had the top locking ones that i see on alot of PRS's . but ?? maybe if a set pops up ill upgrade..

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Actually those are factory.. although i do think it should have had the top locking ones that i see on alot of PRS's . but ?? maybe if a set pops up ill upgrade..

They proably are the factory standard ones, and changing them might be difficult as getting a colour match for the gold hardware could be difficult. However, they are definitely the same ones used on some Epiphone LPs.:yesway:

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
They proably are the factory standard ones, and changing them might be difficult as getting a colour match for the gold hardware could be difficult. However, they are definitely the same ones used on some Epiphone LPs.:yesway:

Oh yeah. I agree with ya there.. LOL its funny how many of the guitars and parts are made by companies that others talk crap about.. Like Samick for instance.. Those guys are the guitar biz...

posted from the wiki page..

Some other Samick-built guitars are sold under Epiphone, Squier, Washburn, and Hohner brands.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Wow, congrats dude! I just don't like those bird inlays, everything else... perfect!

FLGearnut

Reaction score
wow beautiful score man! :yesway:

I'm a huge PRS fan and have been for some time now. They are some of the most consistent quality high end guitars ive ever played and they sound phenomenal. Ive currently got two, and they wont be the only two i'll tell ya that much!

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
wow beautiful score man! :yesway:

I'm a huge PRS fan and have been for some time now. They are some of the most consistent quality high end guitars ive ever played and they sound phenomenal. Ive currently got two, and they wont be the only two i'll tell ya that much!

LOL Hell yeah im already looking for another one.. I want to get a black charcoal/trans black whatever they call that color. Looks good..

Although the PRS on ebay with the full brazilian neck is tempting..

FLGearnut

Reaction score
LOL Hell yeah im already looking for another one.. I want to get a black charcoal/trans black whatever they call that color. Looks good..

Although the PRS on ebay with the full brazilian neck is tempting..

oh BTW man. I took another closer look at your guitar. I dont think you know what you have. You said your guitar isnt a 10-top. Well, it might not be marked that way, but the Paua shell PRS logo and wood veneer on your headstock tells me youve got yourself an "artist package" singlecut. Considerably more expensive than your standard non 10-top singlecut buddy. :shred:

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
oh BTW man. I took another closer look at your guitar. I dont think you know what you have. You said your guitar isnt a 10-top. Well, it might not be marked that way, but the Paua shell PRS logo and wood veneer on your headstock tells me youve got yourself an "artist package" singlecut. Considerably more expensive than your standard non 10-top singlecut buddy. :shred:

Yes it is the artist package, Just forgot to add that.. But yes. i am in love with this.. thinkin about takin the day off tomorrow and really getting to know it..

Thanks for all the nice replies peeps.. Oh FL.. lets see yours dude!!! post em up. lets make this the PRS awesome'ness thread!!

FLGearnut

Reaction score
k well here are the only pictures i have of them at the moment lol

the red one is a 2007 and since i took that pic i replaced the stock pickups with a BKP painkiller/cold sweat combo

the natural one is special to me because it was a high school grad present from my mother. it turns 10 years old this coming year. I replaced the stock pickups in that one with zebra coiled BKP Rebel Yells. Both guitars sound great and play wonderfully.

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Ohhhh yeah.. What were the stock pups?

just regular Dragon II's. They are decent pickups but i just wanted something a little better. I had a singlecut for a short while which i really liked, but had to sell it to pay some bills out of necessity. I wish i had held onto it. I really like the #7 pickups that the singlecuts come with. Great power and punch.

')