Finally moved completely over to flatscreens...

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I had a 21" Dell and a 19" samtron CRT. Both heavy and large, and ended up producing enough heat to cook me.

Now, I find myself with dual dell 24" widescreens and life is a lot less hot :D

My credit card may not like me, but now i don't sweat in front of my home PC (unless, of courtse, engaged in vigourous sessions of monkey spanking)

man, the extra space on my desk is unbelievable, there's like so much more useless crap and mess i can fit on it now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
:monkey:

do you notice any improvements in your tone when you play infront of your computer? i noticed that i got a lot of hum from my old CRT.

Nick

Reaction score
:monkey:

do you notice any improvements in your tone when you play infront of your computer? i noticed that i got a lot of hum from my old CRT.

+1 on that my monitor fucks with my tone something awful especially when im playing through my pod on my desk but thats pretty obvious

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
man, the extra space on my desk is unbelievable, there's like so much more useless crap and mess i can fit on it now!

i've been meaning to pick up an iMac for sometime now, can you imagine the space id have with that, i could literally have mounds of crap! with the computer in the screen the possibilities for having a really messy desk are endless! :lol:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
i've been meaning to pick up an iMac for sometime now, can you imagine the space id have with that, i could literally have mounds of crap! with the computer in the screen the possibilities for having a really messy desk are endless! :lol:

I'm using one right now. Great invention. :lol:

My only concern is that the screnn is cooking the innards and shortening its life - it does get rather hot in there! :(

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
shit is that really a problem with iMacs? i may have to look at something else if thats the case, i dont tend to update computers very often (currently running an old as fuck eMac with 120meg something RAM :noway:) is there any kind of fan upgrade you can get for them? (sorry if im hijacking your thread here a little james :))

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge.

I've had mine since January and it hasn't been a problem. The only thing that ever crashes is Safari and Cubase. Sure it isn't as fast as it used to be, but thats probably because I've filled the 60% of the hard drive and I'm still only runnning the stock 1GB RAM.

Mines the slightly older flatscreen in plain white - not the newest one from Summer this year. :)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Put it above the air conditioner :yesway: hehe, I have my external hard drives sitting on mine :lol:

Latest posts

')