Finally! Pics of my Schecter 7-string tele.

• Thread starter garza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

alexalbr

Reaction score
looks a very good axe!!!!!!1 :hbang:
im not a fan of tele, but this guitar looks really good....kind of a heavy-tele...haha something like this....
congratzz!!!

cant wait to hear and see in a new clip from SS !!!!!! - and maybe live next year... :metal:

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Silverburst + archtop tele shape = awesome!

It's really nice to see a Schecter that isn't just another variation of their C shape I like what they did with the subtle reversal of the headstock and I'd love to see this or something similar in regular production.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! I MUCH prefer the Schecter headstock in that orientation.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Thats the nicest Schecter I have ever seen. I agree though, loose the inlay and keep it for your personal guitars. Your name is on the truss rod cover so its not like you can't tell who's sig it is. But otherwise that is hot as fuck and I'd consider getting one.

sound-byte

Reaction score
Pleased that you were able to at least partially able to make a tele metal, but not really my thing. Congrats though, and that burst looks awesome!

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I'm a massive Schecter fanboy to begin with so when I saw this I knew it was going to be good, but not this good holy crap it's gorgeous! I love silverburst finishes! And a tele with 2 emgs oh man do I want this guitar haha.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
I'd like to see this turn into a standard production model. I know it's going into production as a sig, but a white one with black hardware would be REALLY cool.

garza

Reaction score
Sorry for the lag, Australia's wifi sucks. Thanks a ton for all the positive feedback! My favorite is the reverse C headstock, I knew that was gonna come out badass! Now lets try to answer all the questions.

To avoid a ton of typing im just gonna attach the actual specs sheet so I don't miss anything.

This is going to be in production starting January after 2011 NAMM. Unfortunately, I don't really have a say in the pricing and still don't know what that final number is:(

The pickup combo is 81-7 bridge and 60-7 neck, which hasn't been done before from what I know.

Sorry for the inlay on the 12th fret haha. Just take a black sharpie to it, thats what I use to do with my Steph Carpenter guitars haha.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 256

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Sorry for the lag, Australia's wifi sucks. Thanks a ton for all the positive feedback! My favorite is the reverse C headstock, I knew that was gonna come out badass! Now lets try to answer all the questions.

To avoid a ton of typing im just gonna attach the actual specs sheet so I don't miss anything.

This is going to be in production starting January after 2011 NAMM. Unfortunately, I don't really have a say in the pricing and still don't know what that final number is:(

The pickup combo is 81-7 bridge and 60-7 neck, which hasn't been done before from what I know.

Sorry for the inlay on the 12th fret haha. Just take a black sharpie to it, thats what I use to do with my Steph Carpenter guitars haha.

Cool. :yesway: As far as prod models with the 81-7/60-7 setup, I don't think there are any, but I know a few guys that use that setup in their guitars, and it sounds killer.

If I can get money, I think I might pick one of these up when they come out to the public. I love 7s, teles, EMGs, and silverburst, so all of those put together is a huge win for me. :hbang:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
This is basically gonna sound like an ATX but with the best possible pickups it can have. 81-7 and 60-7 baby! The reverse C-7 makes sense, put the tuners for the three wound strings together. Id bet Schecter is gonna up the price on all TOM C-7s, including this to $999.99. But I could be wrong. They could very well keep them at $899.99 but I do believe that their plan was to start low as a new company to get more people interested, then up the price. Plus they seem to up the price every year. What will really be sad and greedy is if they up the price since they have moved production to a cheaper facility located in China. All I can say is, a new body shape that isnt a V with an ebony board and 81-7/60-7 combo is gonna be awesome! I think lots of people are gonna become fans of the 81-7 because of this.

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
...They could very well keep them at $899.99 but I do believe that their plan was to start low as a new company to get more people interested, then up the price. Plus they seem to up the price every year. .

:nuts: Schecter has been a company since the 80s, and pretty much every company raises their prices a bit every year.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
This is basically gonna sound like an ATX but with the best possible pickups it can have. 81-7 and 60-7 baby! The reverse C-7 makes sense, put the tuners for the three wound strings together. Id bet Schecter is gonna up the price on all TOM C-7s, including this to $999.99. But I could be wrong. They could very well keep them at $899.99 but I do believe that their plan was to start low as a new company to get more people interested, then up the price. Plus they seem to up the price every year. What will really be sad and greedy is if they up the price since they have moved production to a cheaper facility located in China. All I can say is, a new body shape that isnt a V with an ebony board and 81-7/60-7 combo is gonna be awesome! I think lots of people are gonna become fans of the 81-7 because of this.

Eh, when I get it, I'll probably put a 707 in the bridge, and if I don't like the 60-7, that'll get swapped as well. I had an 81-7 in my Viper, and I didn't like it nearly as much.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, dude. The reversed headstock and the pickup combo are really subtle but adds to the design. Congrats and I'm definitely GASing on this one.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
:nuts: Schecter has been a company since the 80s, and pretty much every company raises their prices a bit every year.
I just never expected schecter to do it too. A C-7 Hellraiser was $600 less than 3 years ago wasnt it? What I meant was as a new company to 7 strings and since the Diamond series made its debut in '98, the prices have jumped along with the inventory and options alot over the past few years, its like the more popular they get, the higher the prices go. Yes they have been doing 7 strings since before Adema first came out but there was a big price hike in the last few years. Regardless, Garza has a super sick tele coming out soon and I like Schecter cause they are metal equipped right out of the box.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I'm not one for this guy's band, but that's everything I've wanted in a 7 string.
Right down to the pickup combo...

I will def. keep an eye out for this when it comes out, as I'll have to decide between this and the MH-417 as my first 7 string.

I just hope it's not too much (300$) more than the LTD.

')