Finally! Pics of my Schecter 7-string tele.

• Thread starter garza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not one for this guy's band, but that's everything I've wanted in a 7 string.
Right down to the pickup combo...

I will def. keep an eye out for this when it comes out, as I'll have to decide between this and the MH-417 as my first 7 string.

I just hope it's not too much (300$) more than the LTD.

It probably will be :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garza

Reaction score
This is basically gonna sound like an ATX but with the best possible pickups it can have. 81-7 and 60-7 baby! The reverse C-7 makes sense, put the tuners for the three wound strings together. Id bet Schecter is gonna up the price on all TOM C-7s, including this to $999.99. But I could be wrong. They could very well keep them at $899.99 but I do believe that their plan was to start low as a new company to get more people interested, then up the price. Plus they seem to up the price every year. What will really be sad and greedy is if they up the price since they have moved production to a cheaper facility located in China. All I can say is, a new body shape that isnt a V with an ebony board and 81-7/60-7 combo is gonna be awesome! I think lots of people are gonna become fans of the 81-7 because of this.

Theres a lot of specs similar to the Blackjack ATX. When I first joined the Schecter fam they gave me a few Hellraisers and was happy, but I ended up trying Blackjacks later on and just feel in love. So of course used some of the same woods. However, The tele just feels and plays a ton better than the Blackjacks do. Im sure you will notice a big difference.

garza

Reaction score
That guitar looks great and though I'm big on ESP I love the fact you took care of what I didn't like about Stef's... NO NECK PICKUP.
Just wondering now if they're going to release the 7 & 8 string Tele Sigs in the US for him since he's got both now and they're saying more Stef models are coming.

Speaking of LTD, why does it look like the two photos of him with the guitar were taking at ESP?? Or do they both have the same office layout and black leather couch :scratch:

Haha different office but way cooler. Oddly enough, Schecter is right down the street from ESP? I got kinda nervous my first going to Schecter.

Tordah

Reaction score
Looks incredible, love silverburst with a passion.

How's the neck thickness? Like, a Schecter...?

Stresspill

Sig Addict
Reaction score
super rad axe dude, is it archtop or is that a hallucination from the burst? i like the fact that there's no scratchplate, unlike the ESP stef t7, which i've actually been lusting after for a while!

Psycho J

Banned
Reaction score
I believe there is one man that owns them both, I don't think its a matter of one company owning the other, though that may be the situation.

well yeah Not like How Fender Owns Squire or Gibson owning Epiphone. I know that some one owns them both. I just think if the guy owns both companys way would it matter if his ESP Artist jumps ship for Schecter? Cory Smoot from GWAR did. Graza did.. :lol:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
regarding the whole 'artists switching to schecter':

2-3 years ago schecter was an unknown/rare brand here in germany and most of the EU. when i ordered my C7 hellraiser in late 2006, it was nowhere availavle here in germany. schecter then entered the mainstream european market with prices beating LTDs and other imports for guitars with same features and have raised their prices by almost 30% since. now what famous endorsees does schecter have compared to ibanez or ESP? loomis, avenged sevenfold, and robert smith (and i bet most teenagers never heard of him). that's it.

now, if i were the guy 'owning' both companies with the intention of gaining market share by using two different brands with similar products, i'd also put effort into promoting the 'smaller' one by recruiting more popular endorsees. now how wouldn't mind having his own signature model rather than an artist discount? i foresee more schecter for endorsements for 2011 :)

:2c:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Schecter and ESP are owned by the same guy but are not run by the same guy. I think that similarities come up between the two companies from time to time like headstocks and general style because they have some free reign to copy things from one another free of lawsuits. Same owner, run by different guys.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Schecter and ESP are owned by the same guy but are not run by the same guy. I think that similarities come up between the two companies from time to time like headstocks and general style because they have some free reign to copy things from one another free of lawsuits. Same owner, run by different guys.

He also owned/owns the G.I.T./Musicians Institute in L.A. and many other business. His name is Hisatake Shibuya.

Here is a link to some info about him and ESP, Schecter etc. Easy stuff to google. The guy has a guitar collection to die for btw...

Hisatake Shibuya - Google Search

Oh, and your Tele 7 string = WIN!
Teles are the only single cut I ever liked playing. F Les Paul guitars [except the SG model, they rule]

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score

No. It's because, by and large, they're both made in the same factories, using the same templates and parts.

garza

Reaction score
Looks incredible, love silverburst with a passion.

How's the neck thickness? Like, a Schecter...?

There was a bit shaved off the neck, it doesn't play like your standard Hellraiser or ATX. I hope Schecter will be using those same specs in the production models because it feels awesome. For some reason the reverse headstock gives off a better jamming vibe too, but maybe thats just in my head? haha.

GhostOTB

Reaction score
damn bro thats sick, the neck looks like a baseball bat lol i like it though!

this gonna be for sale?

Necromechanical

I am a machine
Reaction score
Check it out guys!!!
Chris Garza

Price is apparently set at $1,279 :( was hoping for a few hundred cheaper, but I will no doubt at least do my best to mess around with one at my local Guitar Center!
A few pics:
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd

')