Finally! Pics of my Schecter 7-string tele.

• Thread starter garza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Apparently someone at Schecter read my post about harassing Chris next time he came through, because lo and behold, it is available left-handed! I think I might have to buy this.

Oh jeez... add another one to my GAS list. :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sound-byte

Reaction score
Actually I have a question for Chris (not entirely related to this subject at all, actually)
Would you mine telling me what strap you were using in this pic?
untitled.jpg

I saw it and fell in love.

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
You have quite a fine taste in finishes, my friend.
Seeing as I'm rather unfamiliar with Schecters, is the thin U neck shape referred to on the spec sheet considerably different from the baseball bat I came to know and hate on the C-7?

garza

Reaction score
Actually I have a question for Chris (not entirely related to this subject at all, actually)
Would you mine telling me what strap you were using in this pic?
untitled.jpg

I saw it and fell in love.

Haha, its the Planet Waves 3 inch bass strap. Funny you bring that up. I fell in love with that strap too when I first saw Head and the rest of Korn rocking em. Still use em to this day because of that damn Got the Life video, I was 13.

davidb1986

Reaction score
Nice guitar!!! I'm not one that likes the tele style that much but this guitar looks awesome! My only question is are they going to make a model with a Floyd Rose on it?

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I see they have your Sig Schecter up at DCGL now minus the pix. The price is right. I will buy one as the Tele shape is my favorite single cut. I think you made a good choice there!

I read what you said on the inlay however I will bet you lose a LOT of sales because of it, kids don't buy near as many guitars as us adult-kid hybrids lol. I am going to route the inlay out and replace it with a chunk of bloodwood I think.

I want to thank you a zillion times over for going with ebony on the fret board and for not having full inlays! And for NOT going with Blackouts! [though I do wish the EMG's were regular hum size for the flexibility.]

Thanks again for the Tele7. Pass along to Schecter. Hoping for a Tele7FR later maybe but I have a couple 7FR guitars so yours will be the "tuning" experiment guitar, a good thing! Also love it being a Carved Top!

[If only someone would steal the Wenge and Swamp Ash from the Schecter Bass production line... This with Swamp Ash body and Wenge neck = evil at its best.]

sound-byte

Reaction score
Haha, its the Planet Waves 3 inch bass strap. Funny you bring that up. I fell in love with that strap too when I first saw Head and the rest of Korn rocking em. Still use em to this day because of that damn Got the Life video, I was 13.
allright, thanks man. Just ordered one :D

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Man, you're making my head spin! Haven't had a Schecter in 8 years, then decide the the ATX C-8 in walnut satin is the way to go for my first 8 string and now this! Really having trouble figuring out what I can and should afford this year!

One big question; I noticed that the "couch" photos of Chris trying out his new signature show the back of one next to him having a crazy burst on both the back of the body and neck! Is this translating to the diamond series signature or will it be pure black? Just asking as I was shocked when my silver sunburst EC-1000 came with an entirely silver back!

Congrats on the axe man, about time we got some affordable variety up in this joint!

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Great!! Another antidote to the plethora of Strat-style 7-strings, and in a Tele style no less!! I LOVE Teles! :yesway: I will have to see if I can come up with the money for it. My Dano MOD7, 7-string needs a companion. It's getting lonely, since my other guitars are 6-stringers. :D BTW, LOVE the silverburst color!

Adamh1331

RED.
Contributor
Reaction score
7 string tele + silverburst = fucking win. Not a fan of Schecters.. but this one is sick! I'd love to play one sometime.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
If the neck shape is a "Thin U" and not a "Wide Bat" I'll hit this. If anyone gets hands on experience please share asap! The thickness isn't so bad on the hellraisers but I really don't get why there needs to be a few millimetres excess freeboard. I would kill for this guitar if the neck is right!!!

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't get why there needs to be a few millimetres excess freeboard

well, think of it this way: the more stable/stiffer the neck is, the less vibration energy is dissipated away from the strings into a swingin neck. the pickups capture the string's vibration, so you want most of that energy to remain in the strings. in my experience, too thin necks often result in a weird attack as well as an unnatural note decay. in princple, you simply don't want the neck to vibrate with the strings. that's one of the reasons a les paul design (fat, short neck in relation to the overall string length) sounds as massive.

in my experience, the neck's shoulders are more relevant to the perceived 'neck thickness' and comfort than the total thickness per se. that in turn depends on where your left hand's thumb is positioned while playing

')