Finally! Pics of my Schecter 7-string tele.

• Thread starter garza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
it's priced just like the loomis NT, which is also a stoptail 7-string sig model. what were you expecting? :lol:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
So, since you're actually posting in here, let me ask you a question:

The name inlay, was that your choice, did Schecter suggest it, dictate it, etc? I've just always been curious because, personally, were I ever to be in the position to get a sig guitar, I'd shy away from anything that marked it as specifically mine (apart from specs). I'm honestly just curious how that works out.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
For a sig, it should ship in your tuning Garza. That's pretty lame.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
The only sig that came with the artists tuning and exact gauges is Munky's sigs. My ESP Stef B-7 came with a .056 on the low B and wouldnt even fit a.062. I had to drill it for a .066. Ive seen a COW Jackson custom shop that was made for Cristian that needed to be drilled to fit a .056! Guitars always seem to come with the lightest strings possible :lol:

Sullen

In misery we rest
Reaction score
81-7/60-7 in Mahogany is an awesome comb, have it on my S and it kills! Awesome axe BTW, classy and elegant yet VERY METAL!!!

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^^My Loomis came to Bb. My friend's SRV came in Eb. I've heard of this quite often, really.

garza

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking (and hoping). I'm thinking a $799 or $899 price tag is more reasonable.

The 1,279 is probably list price, I think you may be right with the $799 - $899 range though. Thats what I was expecting.

garza

Reaction score
So, since you're actually posting in here, let me ask you a question:

The name inlay, was that your choice, did Schecter suggest it, dictate it, etc? I've just always been curious because, personally, were I ever to be in the position to get a sig guitar, I'd shy away from anything that marked it as specifically mine (apart from specs). I'm honestly just curious how that works out.

Everything was my choice, and thats why I gotta give respect to Schecter. The inlay is for the kids who want it, but something I did back in the day is I blacked out signature inlays with a sharpie haha. All of my Steph Carpenter ESP's were like that. Thats kinda the main reason my inlay is so small. If you don't like it then scratch that shit out hahah.

garza

Reaction score
For a sig, it should ship in your tuning Garza. That's pretty lame.

Dude honestly, are you that lazy to not drop the B to A? JK. I thought messing with the tuning would be a bit unfair to anyone jamming this. Everyone has their own style of playing so standard B seemed to be the best bet.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^It's not that it's something as small as a single step on one string, it's the principle. :lol:

But I getcha bro.

sound-byte

Reaction score
Everything was my choice, and thats why I gotta give respect to Schecter. The inlay is for the kids who want it, but something I did back in the day is I blacked out signature inlays with a sharpie haha. All of my Steph Carpenter ESP's were like that. Thats kinda the main reason my inlay is so small. If you don't like it then scratch that shit out hahah.
:lol: Thats pretty funny. I've always despised any type of inlays on guitars, save several variations on the Sharktooth and the Tree of Life/Vine designs on Vai's sigs.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Apparently someone at Schecter read my post about harassing Chris next time he came through, because lo and behold, it is available left-handed! I think I might have to buy this.

')