Finally started to get somewhere...

• Thread starter Jaaaaamie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jaaaaamie

Wasteman Scumbag
Reaction score
...with my pod xt live.

As I can only record DI, via a shit 3 quid lead, output from the mono on the pod, into the mic input on the computer haha. (No interface required!)

Anyway I've been working on many different tones for a while and I think I'm finally onto something.

I'll be purchasing a mic and an interface when I get some money though, so I can start mic'ing up an amp wit the pod instead.

I posted a clip of what I've got so far on my soundclick.

Music page of Clowsh - MP3 music page on SoundClick

It's called 'ignore intro', which is exactly what I want you to do.

Any comments or ways to improve it please let me know I'm too poor to afford any more equipment right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jaaaaamie

Wasteman Scumbag
Reaction score
Thanks thaaanks, any tips on how to improve the drums? Some of it is sounding a little dry and weak in places.

Espaul

Reaction score
not bad. Did you use software for drums? put a compressor on the snare with a bit of eq that get forth the higher freq. And if you're in to that shit you put some reverb on the snare too, it's way 80's, but I love it :D

Jaaaaamie

Wasteman Scumbag
Reaction score
not bad. Did you use software for drums? put a compressor on the snare with a bit of eq that get forth the higher freq. And if you're in to that shit you put some reverb on the snare too, it's way 80's, but I love it :D

Yeah the drums are DFHS, actually I haven't tried putting any EQ on the snare or cymbals yet so I'll try that out. Thanks!

I'll throw a compressor on the snare too as you said, and try out the 80s reverb haha

Espaul

Reaction score
cool dude.. look forward to your next clip.

One question tho' you did use max velocity on the snare midi signal? I know I failed there the first time :lol:

Jaaaaamie

Wasteman Scumbag
Reaction score
cool dude.. look forward to your next clip.

One question tho' you did use max velocity on the snare midi signal? I know I failed there the first time :lol:

Actually I have no idea haha, I'll have to have a look in the sequencer afterwards 'cos I write the drum tracks in Guitar Pro.

Espaul

Reaction score
Oh.. then it probably isn't max velocity. the signal on snare drum should have max (127) IMO to get the best sound

')