Finaly starting something (axefx, MF etc)

• Thread starter TheRealSam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've been messing around for quite a while with my Axefx and Metal Foundy and I think I finally managed to get something decent.
Here's the stuff, it's just a "prelude" to an EP I'm hoping on releasing soon.
Any advices and criticisms are more than welcomed, especially on how to improve the mix!

SoundClick artist: SamDHyde - page with MP3 music downloads
Here's the soundclick page and

Prelude - Reality Check by Sam D. Hyde on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
The soundcloud one ^^

If you like what you hear or just want to show some support, you can go like my facebook page, I'll post more stuff over there soon.
https://www.facebook.com/s4mdhyde

Thanks in advance everybody!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dertillo

DareTillo
Reaction score
Nice, I know you wanted feedback for the instrumental stuff but these vocals
are just too awesome. xD
Otherwise I also like the rest of the mix, maybe there is something with the
guitars in high-mid range, but I couldn´t identify it exactly yet.

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Ahah thanks a lot for the kind words man! :D
Yeah I know what you mean about the high mids thingy, can't figure out what it is but it sure bothers the hell out of me. I guess it's kinda too late to change my axefx patch, as I already have recorded all of my songs with it, yet I'm still trying to fix it but equalizing it, but it's hard.
Anyway, thanks again dude! :)

dertillo

DareTillo
Reaction score
No problem, mail me if you ever need a guest shouter, it would be an honor. ^^

Enselmis

Reaction score
Aside from one cymbal on the right that sounds kinda trashy, this is absolutely fantastic. I really like it. Great job.

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Wow, didn't expect to get this many great review in such a short time :O
Thanks a lot everybody, and for dertillo, ahah why not! I'll post songs that are only instrumentals soon, so if you like one, feel free to contact me ^^

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score
Sounds awesome man! Lovin the guitars. What amp/cab sims did you use for the axe fx patch?

cerdom

How to music?
Reaction score
I love your guitar tone and your vocals are seriously like, better than the average professional band. I love your musical style, it's like post-djent? Sorry if I seem to be implying djent is a genre. Come out with an album please. There's no reason you couldn't be the next Misery Signals. Get a band together, get famous.

The only thing that bothered me is that the kick seems to be a little bit middy and not as tight or clickly as I would prefer. I feel like you could make a deep cut around 200hz to remedy that, but I am not an expert.

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Ahah thanks guys! No need to be ashamed to use the qualification "djent", that's what I was aiming for at first before it became widely used and regarded as a massive troll :(
I already cut quite a lot in the mids of the kick, I'll try to fix that in my next songs!

About the cab and head I used, it was a FAS Modern and 4x12 Metal cab. I must say Ped's (from Sectioned) video about how to dial a tight tone on the ultra helped me A LOT! Just added a few tweaking and it was perfect for me.

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score
Ahah thanks guys! No need to be ashamed to use the qualification "djent", that's what I was aiming for at first before it became widely used and regarded as a massive troll :(
I already cut quite a lot in the mids of the kick, I'll try to fix that in my next songs!

About the cab and head I used, it was a FAS Modern and 4x12 Metal cab. I must say Ped's (from Sectioned) video about how to dial a tight tone on the ultra helped me A LOT! Just added a few tweaking and it was perfect for me.

Sounds great. Did you track bass with the axe?

fleshwoodsteel

Reaction score
Seriously, that's really, really good. And I dig the vocals! Mix sounds awesome. I swear the more of these fantastic tracks that get posted, the more I want to practice!

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Ahah thanks a lot man!
Well for the bass I used AmpegSVX, though now I also use the axe for my bass tone (in my more recent recordings).

Cmv120

Reaction score
Man I was expecting some average bs... But thats great. DEFINITELY subscribing, post more soon!

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man! Well I'll post new stuff today or tomorrow, a quick song I recorded yesterday ahahah, still need to add bass and drums. It'll be a brand new mix, totally different from what you can hear now (as I said, now I use the axe for bass too, and I completely changed my guitar tone).
Don't expect anything too fancy though, it'll be nothing but a preview of the final mix I want to achieve, but it's still close enough ahah

dertillo

DareTillo
Reaction score
Nice, looking forward to it.
By the way, if we do a featuring
I wanted to give you a preview of
what I can sound like, mostly
a do deep growling stuff. Like
your can hear here...
my Bloodbath Cover
or there...
my Amon Amarth Cover
hope someday you write something
we´re my voice may fit in. ^^

TheRealSam

Reaction score
Nice vocals you've got there, very powerful! I've got some songs where they could perfectly fit :D I'll post them over here, just send me a PM if one catches your attention! :)

')