Finding a guitar with the right construction - questions

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My first requirement is “do I find the neck shape comfortable?” Followed by “does it balance properly (not parallel to the floor/closer to classical position) on a strap?” If neither of those things happen the rest doesnt matter.

Also not mentioned: preferences change over time. In 5 10 or 20 years what may be your perfect guitar might look different.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
which, to my mind, has coincided with an increase in tendonitis and complaints of pain from guitarists.
interesting. A big thick neck is more comfortable for me, but I also wonder if the player who gravitates towards shredder necks tends to have techniques/practice regimens that would lead to an RSI.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Also not mentioned: preferences change over time. In 5 10 or 20 years what may be your perfect guitar might look didifferent.
This is big. Some people take longer than others. For me, I don't know what I will like tomorrow. 😅 I kinda have to ride it out with a guitar I feel I'm not vibing with for long enough to make sure I actually don't like it. I didn't vibe with my Ibby AZ for months, until one day for some reason it was my absolute favorite guitar once again, and now I know I friggin love it, but it's a slow burning flame that will often take a background seat for something hotter and newer for a bit... but I keep going back to it.

On the other hand, I had to wait for two years of not vibing with my RGA121 to know that it just wasn't for me. Sold it a few months ago and I haven't looked back. Can't say the same for my AZ.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
interesting. A big thick neck is more comfortable for me, but I also wonder if the player who gravitates towards shredder necks tends to have techniques/practice regimens that would lead to an RSI.
Correlation does prove causation, but it is interesting.

Latest posts

')