Finding a guitar with the right construction - questions

STRHelvete

☿
Reaction score
I disagree 🤷 Character & atmosphere are important, and they will make a difference. A solo will not sound the same on a superstrat compared to a LP, even if the performance is the same. Cleans won't sound the same on a strat compared to a 2 humbucker guitar.
One gives you the right harmonics that will make you get all emotional and the other one just sounds okay. These details are important...
These things only matter to guitarists who like gooning out on details. We all have our preferences but the listener, non musician listeners, they don't know or care.

Not saying pick up any ol raggedy bullshit, and yes having good gear is nice for a psychological vibe but no one has ever discovered that the secret to a platinum or legendary album is because the guitarist switched from alder bolt on guitars to mahogany set necks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if you’re too busy screening specs, it means you probably arent playing guitar at the same time (read: getting better at your craft) :2c: ymmv

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
if you’re too busy screening specs, it means you probably arent playing guitar at the same time (read: getting better at your craft) :2c: ymmv
Man I don't want to write any more songs. I have like 50 songs written that I still have to record, and a whole album from another band that I want to record bass for and mix again, and my previous stuff that I should probably record again to bring up to my new standards. I don't want to add more to the pile. 🥴

And I'm not going to bother mixing again until I have some more serious monitoring gear.

So now I'm just focusing on the guitar tech stuff, fixing problems, upgrading the stuff that needed it, etc. I'm also interested in figuring out what makes a guitar the best it can be sound wise.
But honestly making music doesn't have to be the objective here, I find guitar tech stuff interesting enough on its own.

')