Finding the right Pedal switcher/ looper

Catjive2

Reaction score
So I've become more of a lead player nowadays. I'm looking for a switcher/looper that can change my amp channels and pedals and midi capable. It seems like there's a lot more out there than I previously knew about. I'm looking for one that's not so hard of a learning curve as well. I know about the Joyo PXL Live ($169) and the RJM Mastermind($1000). But are there any others that are as easy as those but aren't as steep in price as the RJM? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Rocktron Loop 8 or Loop 8 floor :yesway: price-efficient and easy to integrate into a rig.

The Voodoo Lab GCX/GCP are great and I love mine, but you need the pair to get the most out of them. The GCX is all but worthless without the matching controller :2c: they cost a bit more than the Rocktron stuff, but are solid, reliable, and super easy to program with the rest of your midi gear. This was my first midi control setup and I was able to jump right in no problem with the help of the manuals here and there.

Catjive2

Reaction score
Is that a one click and it's changed channels, switched off pedals, & switched midi selections type thing?

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Yep, I have one and if you have any questions I'll help ya if ya get one. Its pretty easy, turn on the loops you want on for the patch and hit the save button. No menus, no lcd. If you wanna "stomp box" the loops on and off without changing presets, its pretty easy. Get whatever midi controller but make sure that its not just one for changing patches (get a Uno chipped FCB1010 for example). On your first bank of presets loops 1-8 are CC 0-7. Next bank up 8-15 and so on. Just configure your top row of buttons to send those CC's. Rocktron support is pretty good. I had this question and they emailed me back in 2 days or less.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
The Joyo is pretty reasonable, Pro version having amp switching. But I hate having everything on the floor. I setup in half the time of my other guitarist who has to run 5 25ft cables to the front of the stage and plug everything into the back of his rack between his X3 Live OD808 - Tuner to his G major and RD45. My rack is big and heavy, but all I have to run out front is one cable. All my pedals are in a rack drawer.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I just got this recently. Less than $500 and the form factor is small.

SuperSwitcher 2

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score
What's the difference between a midi foot controller and a non midi one? (I'm sorry to hijack the thread but I might be in the market for one of these)

')