Fine tuning tailpiece????

• Thread starter Rooster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 7 string, fine-tuning tailpiece? I can't find anyone who makes one. Gibson makes the TP-6, but only for a 6 string.

I'm building a new custom 7 string guitar and I need a fine tuning tailpiece. On my Ibanez 7s I block off the trem so I can have fine-tuners. On the custom I don't wanna router the body if I don't have to.

Thanks.

SRS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
ask dave @
Frets On The Net
see if he cant whip something up for you.
His prices are really fair for custom work, and the quality of his work is top notch. Just tell him details and he'll work with you alot :yesway:

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
After some searching it appears that there aren't any 7-string fine-tuning tailpieces. I found a site that will custom mill anything guitar-bridge wise but it's pretty expensive. $1850 was the full fee.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it was CNC. Somebody should take the plunge so everybody else can get them! :idea:

alternatively, get a bunch of people together and do a group buy....

a 7-string version of this would be awesome

dellingerfx_bridge.jpg

Haunted Cereal

I am Sammy Jankis
Reaction score
yes, yes it would. odd that ibanez didn't do something like that on the xiphos. they already have 6 and 8 string versions. the xiphos7 would've been the perfect opportunity for it since they went with fixed bridge anyway.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
yes, yes it would. odd that ibanez didn't do something like that on the xiphos. they already have 6 and 8 string versions. the xiphos7 would've been the perfect opportunity for it since they went with fixed bridge anyway.

the one in the pic above isn't quite the same as an Edge FX, it's more like a tune-o-matic with a fine tuning tailpiece attached to it. it's the Schaller 456 bridge, which i believe is actually discontinued now, and the guitar it's on in that pic is a Caparison

Rooster

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of...:wallbash:

I can disassemble the Floyd and flush-mount it to the body, but that doesn't allow for any height adjustment. Hmmm, Maybe washers might be the way to go, for now. At least it'd allow me to finish the prototype.

Thanks to all, for the help.

P.S. I love this site!!! :yesway:

SRS

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
did anyone talk to dave?
i'll shoot him an email i guess

i think i may have emailed him about something like that once....let me see if i can find it (at least to see what it was i emailed about if it was something different :lol: )

i don't see it, but i remembered what it was i emailed about....i was hoping he could make me some custom pickup covers

Rooster

Reaction score
i think i may have emailed him about something like that once....let me see if i can find it (at least to see what it was i emailed about if it was something different :lol: )

i don't see it, but i remembered what it was i emailed about....i was hoping he could make me some custom pickup covers

I still don't understand why 7 string guitars and guitar parts didn't catch on...more than they did. I've been hopelessly addicted since I played/bought my first Universe in '92. It amazes me how so many guitarists are afraid to stretch out and open their minds.

Sorry, I veered off topic. :flame: Damn I'd love to have a bridge for this guitar.

SRS

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
they make 9 and 10 string trems too.
dunno why they cant make a fixed bridge for a 7

ukfswmart

Far too opinionated
Reaction score
Perhaps they've not had enough (any?) people request them yet. Might be worth slinging Josh an e-mail and asking what the likelihood of them being made is

')