Finnish djent: Ocean Within

• Thread starter petterii
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gothberg

I'm a rookie, eh?
Reaction score
I've stumbled upon your myspace before, but I like you waaay more now! awesome shit

petterii

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys! :) Yea got a new singer in the fall and that pretty much opened so much more possibilities on our music. The Hedonist is only a single release (that you can download for free, you can find the links at the youtube videos description), but unless no label gets interested about us, we'll record a few more songs in the summer!

Darknut

Reaction score
I didn't like the vocals at first, but then i heard the clean ones and i was like wow. I guess the mix is just screwy and made them sound weird. Good stuff either way.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
You have officially gained a HUGE fan :hbang:

i'm gonna re-post my youtube comment on here :lol:
"3:33 is officially my favorite thing ever in the world. EVER. I'm in complete disbelief of how fucking awesome that is, you have no idea. XD"

edit: by the way, I sent this vid to a bunch of my friends as well!

petterii

Reaction score
Big thanks to everyone! And especially big thanks if you shared the video to your facebook, myspace etc, it really helps us to get publicity for us and better chances that you will hear more new stuff soon! :)

dymo

Reaction score
man i dont know how many times ive listened to "leaders" in my car but im telling you,a lot haha!

new tune sounds so sick,i love everything about this song especially the clean/ambient guitar! definitely worth the wait!

hope to hear more from you guys
cheers

petterii

Reaction score
man i dont know how many times ive listened to "leaders" in my car but im telling you,a lot haha!

new tune sounds so sick,i love everything about this song especially the clean/ambient guitar! definitely worth the wait!

hope to hear more from you guys
cheers

Awesome, THANK YOU! You don't believe how happy it makes me that you've enjoyed Leaders, it was hell of a long project, but still I really liked how it turned out. Though listening to it today, it sounds pretty immature and unfinished, but I promise the new songs will blow your head off!

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
shitsøn;2447445 said:
really? it's a pretty basic breakdown, isn't it?!

The meter and timing of it is more intricate than your basic breakdown, plus it's overtop of a clean passage, then there's the fact it comes out of a slow "mologue-like" build up. Very far from "basic". Nice try, though.

I loved it. :yesway:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
The meter and timing of it is more intricate than your basic breakdown, plus it's overtop of a clean passage, then there's the fact it comes out of a slow "mologue-like" build up. Very far from "basic". Nice try, though.
nothing too far out there, if you ask me, though. :shrug:

not meaning to bash the band, i just have a hard time to see why this would be the best thing ever in the world to someone.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
shitsøn;2449178 said:
nothing too far out there, if you ask me, though. :shrug:

not meaning to bash the band, i just have a hard time to see why this would be the best thing ever in the world to someone.

I just like it, Is that so bad? :lol: I tend to overexaggerate sometimes when I've been listening to the same music for forever and I find a new band haha

')