Firefox vs Google Chrome

• Thread starter GuitaristOfHell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
browser-war-copy.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I personally love using Chrome, as it seems to work just a bit faster, even though it's an absolute memory whore. Plus I like how much more streamlined it feels compared to Firefox.

kazzie

unicorn smile
Reaction score
You know what, fuck firefox.

I remember back in the day, when we all jumped on the Firefox band wagon. For the right reasons, too. IE needed a good kick in the balls.

When I was learning web design years ago, we all thought FFox was the way to go. That it was more accurate than IE. Less buggy. Yes, this is all true. But the deeper you get into it, the more you figure out that really, FFox is an asshole.

I see so many annoying bugs using Firefox. Simple text area scrolling bugs.

I'm okay with Chrome. It's aight. I'm on a mac now, I'm happy with Safari for the most part, but once Chrome is all Lion-friendly I will get it again.

FFox can suck it

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
In Windows I still use IE. But thats because I barely use Windows except at work. I use Ubuntu Linux at home and also have a second machine at work running Ubuntu. I use Firefox under Linux and it's perfect. I have no need to use another browser. But I've never really dug Firefox under Windows. It just doesn't run anywhere near as fast and flawless as it does under Linux.

Rev.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
Ive been a FF guy for a few years but I think today Im going to try Chrome. I have never installed it on my rig so I think Ill give it a whirl. I have a pretty built pc so speed isnt always an issue but if its that much faster maybe Ill switch.

x360rampagex

Reaction score
I have been a long to user and lover of firefox, but wuite recently I have been extremely annoyed by adverts on youtube, so I decided to switch to chrome, and now I have no adverts...BO-TAH!

I do sometimes get slow-downs, which I did not seem to get with Firefox, well I did get slowdowns, but that was due to intense programs running at the same time, where as chrome, just laggs for no reason.

jack10110

Reaction score
I used to use Chrome but have recently made the switch back to Firefox, just because the interface feels so much cleaner. Also Firefox supports a tonne more ad-ons than Chrome.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Firefox. The interface is much better.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
I find that, ironically, Google Chrome sometimes has loading issues with Google and Gmail. Often, I use Firefox for those.

But generally, I use Google Chrome since it seems to utilize less resources and memory than Firefox.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny none of you tried Opera :lol: I used to be a FireFox zealot but converted to chrome after FF began to feel dated. Then Chrome was missing a lot in fonctionality so I tried Opera and it's honestly very fast, easy to use, lot of extension available, etc..
I spend most of my time between Chrome Canary (cutting edge branch of Chrome, look it up) and Opera nowadays.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I stopped using firefox when it refused to allow me to update my flash player. It just broke one day and I never looked back from chrome.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Firefox has become a truck of hogs. I cannot stand working with it.

I use Chrome on my personal machines and default to IE on all of my work machines due to embedded options that Firefox does not support. My computer support reporting system doesn't work in anything but IE for example.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
In Ubuntu I use Firefox solely and it's awesome. Very fast, everything works, etc. In Windows I don't like Firefox very much, seems slow and quirky.

In Windows I just use IE8, but that's cause I only ever use Windows at work and I also have an Ubuntu machine here as well. Ever since my firm upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010 no users are allowed to install Chrome because it somehow breaks some of our customized integrations and to fix requires the machine be reimaged. At least that's what they say, I'm sure I could figure it all out cause I've solved many things our main office simply said, "It won't work". But, not my problem and I don't care so... lol.

Rev.

')