First 5 guitars

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Peavey Raptor (Pretty rubbish guitar, got a LOT of play on it)

PRS CE24 (parents present to me for moving away and 1 of the best days of my life :)

Washburn WG580 (Really wanted an RG type guitar for cheap, this one had coil splitting :)

Jackson Stars Dinky (Amazing price on Ebay OZ so bought it .... excellent guitar, still own it)

Ibanez RG 7620 mod (Time to be with my fave brand of guitar)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Dean Baby ML (still have, great guitar)

Swift Jackson RR copy (fucking shit, sold when I got the Ibanez)

Ibanez RG350EX (awesome, still got it and still use it loads)

Vintage V100 (14th birthday present, awesome guitar but I'm going to sell it and get a Burny RLC-70S instead)

PRS SE Soapbar (fantastic guitar but I sold it last year, needed money to buy my V)

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
Torch Vintage Series - Dreadful strat copy. Saw it in the trading post a few times since. Scary.

Ibanez RG170 - Eventually dismantled itself after I sold it to a friend.

Fender MIM Fat Strat - Sold to another friend, both now unknown whereabouts.

Schecter 007 Blackjack - Still have, playing doom metal on it.

Schecter Jeff Loomis C-7FR - Still have, struggling to learn Nevermore songs on it. Intermittently used for terrible unfunny parody power metal.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Synsonics Terminator (dogshit, short-scale catalog gutiar)

Jackson Dinky Reverse (pre-Fender, put a Jeff beck set in it)

Ibanez Jem 777SK (traded it outright for a brand new RG760BK)

Ibanez RG550RFR (traded it for something like $200 credit on a new guitar like an idiot)

Ibanez RG7620BK (stolen with four other guitars I had at the time)

BigK

Reaction score
Squire Stagemaster - actually had a really nice neck on it, just that everything else was shite.

Schecter 006 elite - I still have it and its one of the best bang for buck guitars ever

ESP SC-600 - I've still got this one absolutely wonderful guitar pretty unique in spec too.

Ibanez RG550 - nice guitar, Just made me realise I hate Floyd's

Maverick Species 1 - Awesome RG style guitar with a set thru neck and recessed tune-o-matic bridge and I've still got it.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Yamaha Pacifica - I didn't realise how good a choice this was at the time, I just didn't want a Fender haha

Jackson Kelly KE3 - Come on, just look at it! How cool is that for a 14 year old

Jackson SLSMG - Still one of the best guitars I ever bought, unfortunately it has no paint, hardware or electronics at the moment....

Dean Razorback - Don't even bother asking

ESP Eclipse II - Great LP style guitar I bought when I was 17, I was a LOG fan at the time, the rest you can guess haha. I only sold it cos I hardly ever used it once I got my next guitar(s).

(then Jackson RR1, ESP Horizon NT, Ibanez JEM77FP, Music Man JP6, Ibanez UV7BK, Ibanez RG560, Fender USA '57 Reissue Strat)

Whatever next?

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
1) Washburn Acoustic(lost in house fire)

2)Cheap HSS strat copy, don't even remember the brand(given to a friend who wanted to start playing)

3)2001 Squier Strat that I eventually modded with an EMG 81/60 set that I had got from the EMG Jim Root giveaway(2nd prize) lost this in a house fire, it was really nice for a squier. ):

4)1984 MIJ Fender E Series strat with Hotrails bridge and duncan SSL-5 middle and neck) GREAT guitar, still have

5) 1990 Ibanez EX360. Pretty nice guitar, could be great with a pickup swap. Uncle gave me this about 2 months ago.

I have always been more focused on amps than guitars.(see amp history thread) But I do really want something that isn't a strat/superstrat. But I'd rather get my built up before I focus on having tons of guitars...

McBrain

Reaction score
Fender US Stratocaster (Bought it new in '97 - Sold it way too cheap)

Schecter C1+ (Put a JB/Jazz set in. Played great, but for some reason I sold it)

Carvin DC127 (Had trouble with the truss-rod and only worked with .09's, so I sold it really cheap)

Ibanez RGA121 (Came to the conclusion that 25.5" was not for me and sold it)

Caparison Horus (Keeper!)

Reaction score
1. Shittastic acoustic - piece of shit, still have it.
2. Seagull something - kickass acoustic made in Quebec..still gets playtime
3. Ibanez ARC 300 - Sounds fucking brutal, plays like shit, lent indefinitely to my cousin
4. Loomis sig - my first 7, still have it and play it a lot.
5. RG 7421 - hardtail classic ibby 7, going to be swirled :)

There's also another shitty guitar I bought but just not sure when :lol:

Maybe between arc and loomis?

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
1. Silvertone Strat (Craptastic) sold
2) Schecter S-1 Elite - still own
3) LTD EC200QM - traded for half stack
4) Samick - i could never find info on it... HSH, see thru green, heavy as fuck, bolt on - sold it to my friend
5. RG 2EX1 - not a bad beater/traveling guitar, i still got her

hutchman

El' Lamo
Reaction score
1) A Samick strat rip off (shit)
2) A Les Paul Copy (Sold it to pay for first 7 string kinda wish I didn't)
3) Ibanez GAX (shit but better than samick)
4) Ibanez AX 7 (Good guitar at the time for me. Learned pretty much most of my skills on it. Shit.... but I have a soft spot for it)
5) Schecter Loomis 7 NT (lovin it)

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
1. Synsonics (Sears brand) black strat-ish style with a built in 9 volt powered speaker. Was given to me by a friend, and I gave it to another friend later.
sa2598201228-ch.jpg

2. Airline - I *think* it was a 1959 model. I should have kept it, but a good friend's younger brother was getting into LOTS of trouble and he expressed interest in guitar so I gave it to him in hopes that it would give him the same life-long distraction it gave me. Looked like this:
p1_uhxuusc1s_so.jpg

3. Hamer Studio Custom - My friends named this one Excalibur when I got it in 1995 at the age of 15. It remained my go-to until I temporarily retired it a few years ago.
excalibur.jpg

4. Ibanez JS-(I don't know which version) -- Funnily enough, this one had been owned by the semi-legendary swirler Herc Fede, from whom I purchased it on Ebay when I was about 17, to serve as my first 'backup' guitar. It was totally stock, so far as I know. I just never really bonded with it, and after about 3-4 years I sold it to someone else. When I had it, my friends named it 'Big Sexy'. (Wrestling fans close to my age ought to recognize the reference.)
images

(pic is not of mine; just one I found that looks like it..)

5. Jackson Rhodes-EX -- there was actually a thread about this one when I stripped all the paint off and tung oiled it as my first major DIY project. Anyway, bought it on Ebay in roughly 1998, and still own it, though it basically just sits in its case. I never bonded with it, either.

Before:
mediumsexy.jpg

After:
9b2bca3f.jpg

There were a couple more 6's, and then began the 7's... :evil:

MesaENGR412

#3 Forever
Reaction score
1) '96 Cort Strat Copy - still have it, probably never sell (first guitar sentiment thing)
2) '98 Fender Deluxe Super Stratocaster - Crimson Red Transparent/Rosewood board/7 pickup combinations- traded later for an '00 MIJ Ibanez RG520QS w/EMG 81/89
3) '00 MIJ Ibanez RG470-now modded w/ EMG 81's, filled in single coil p/u spot/still have it
4) '05 Edwards EX105 E Explorer - Decent guitar, enjoyed playing it, but there was a strange mid-hump sound to it, even with EMG's, and it was hard to get the low end to sound tight- sold it a couple years ago
5) '05 Washburn D30S Acoustic - got it for college, great acoustic, sold to fund other gear, didn't play acoustic much

Old pic in old messy room:
100_0208.jpg

100_0120.jpg

-AJH

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Squier Affinity Strat
2. Washburn Dime 333
3. Fender Strat 68 reissue
4. Washburn Dime 2st
5. Jackson RR3

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Excluding random junk/yard sales ones I picked up over the years simply b/c they didn't last a day lol.

1. Kramer Striker
2. Peavey Tracer
3. Gibson MIII
4. '93 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite
5. Schecter C1+

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
1. Washburn Wi-14 (Scalloped the frets, don't own it anymore)
2. Schecter Hellraiser now with Crunch Lab and Liquifire + locking tuners
3. Laguna LG4CEBUB Acoustic/Electric
4. Alhambra 4P Nylon string
5. LTD SC207 with single EMG 707

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
these were my first five guitars:

1. Some Samick POS Strat (1997, sold it after i got my first ibanez)
2. Ibanez rg3120 (bought in 1999)
3. Ibanez rg7680 LTD1 (bought in 2002)
4. Schecter C7 Hellraiser (bought in 2006, sold)
5. Ibanez rg2228 (bought in 2008, sold)

ZackP3750

Reaction score
1. Lauren Classical ($25 at local shop, strung with steel strings)

2. Squire Acoustic starter kit (Media Play, $100)

3. Ibanez GRX20 (still have/refinishing project)

4. MusicMan JP6 (long story, got it for free, then had to sell it for car repairs. and I told myself I wasn't good enough to have it, which was truth)

5. Taylor 110. I bought this with leftover money from my JP6 sell. I ended up selling this but just picked another one up on craigslist :D

')