First 5 guitars

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
1992 Ibanez RG550 (Just sits in the case now, needs refinishing)

Jackson Dinky JS22R (traded it out for credit towards something else)

Ibanez S520EX (traded out)

Ibanez MTM2 (sold)

Schecter C-7 (Can't remember, may have traded it, currently trying to replace it)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
A mid 80's roadstar in this awesome wine finish

Schecter damien 6 (ROFL!)

Ibanez RG3exfm1 (horrible)

Gibson Les Paul custom Silverburst

Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ze

Fred

Reaction score
1. Yamaha Pacifica 012 - Couldn't really have asked for a better starter guitar. It's now my little brother's first electric, but I still noodle on it from time to time.

2. Yamaha F310 - Not at all bad for a first (and cheap) acoustic, and again this now belongs to my brother.

3. Gould GS240 - A slimline LP-type guitar. I think I only bought it because it was black and sparkly. Sold it to a mate's student.

4. Garrison G50 - An incredibly lucky find, bought for an extremely nice price. This is still my main acoustic, and I can't picture that changing any time soon.

5. Ibanez RG7321 - Still own this, but it's in pieces after a failed attempt to veneer it. Am going to try and finish it off this summer, and will possibly sell it on afterwards.

Then... Antonio Aparicio (classical, still own), Aria Pro Integra II (bass, still own), SX Baby (travel acoustic, still own), Agile Interceptor 8-string (custom, sold), Kramer Nightswan II (absolute beauty, still own), Turner 42CE (main live acoustic, still own), Ibanez RGA32 (modded with Coldsweats, just sold) and Ibanez USRG10AM (main electric, still own).

I'm pretty much sorted on the electric and main recording acoustic front at the moment. In the not-too-distant future I would like to finish modding (and possibly sell) the RG7321, mod the Kramer a little (fully-blocked trem, possibly more), sell the Aria to fund a better bass, and possible sell the Turner to buy a higher-end Turner. Oh, and build a Telecaster. THEN I reckon I'd be totally sorted. For a bit, at least.

SpottedBeaver

Ancient Mariner
Reaction score
1) Some little ukulele I got when I was six (does that count?)
2) A crappy $20 acoustic when I was 12 or 13. It had like one inch action... seriously. I don't know what happened to it and I'm sticking to that story.
3) Hondo II Les Paul copy that I bought with a shitty 15w amp and MXR distortion for $100. That was in 1984. I still have the guitar and play it occasionally.
4) Ibanez RG5EX1. It's great for the price and turns out to mod really well.
5) Ibanez RGD 2127z. My first seven!!! I love this one.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Other than basses, a few of which came before the guits,

1. Schecter Diamond Omen 7 (got for $230, gone now)
2. Ibanez S7320 (Korean-made version, not that Indo pile of crap, I played one and Jesus it was bad. Sold this too)
3. Agile Intrepid Dual Pro 828 (loved it but the scale length and the Intrepid shape when standing pissed me off, sold it)
4. Ibanez RG570 (put in white blackouts, still have it)
5. Ibanez RGA121 (put a Painkiller in the bridge, still have it)

:wub:

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
1)Yamaha F335 (Still have it for sentimental value)
2)Ibanez RG120 (Still have it. Sentimental value but a pretty good player. Probably going to refinish and upgrade the hardware and electronics soon.)
3)ESP ltd KH-502 (Still have it. Sentimental value. It's in the project mode right now. Probably going to start in this one very soon)
4)ESP ltd MH-400 (Sold. It was a phenomenal guitar after upgrading to an OFR.)
5) ESP Eclipse Standard (Sold. Never bonded well with it.)

After selling all the ESPs I started getting the gear I actually wanted. PRS CU24, Alvarez Yairi DY-95, JP6 BFR, Carvin 727, Blackmachine B6, Suhr Modern Custom

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
1. Epiphone strat-copy (first electric. total POS)
2. 1979 Alvarez DY-55 Acoustic (high school graduation present. Still have it)
3. Ibanez IC300BK (when I finally got sick of the Epiphone and had a job. Currently on permanent loan to an ex-girlfriend)
4. Epiphone G300 (picked up for peanuts off a friend. Turned it into a fretless)
5. Parker NiteFly-M (started a dangerous obsession with Parker guitars. Currently on indefinite loan to my dad since his arthritis was making it too painful to play his old Gibson 12-string acoustic).

Reaction score
1. 1998 Crate Electra (Strat copy w/ HSS. I still have it now, and it's totally beat to shit. When I was a kid I painted the pickguard, single coils, and knobs black. That bridge pickup still sounds rad today, very DiMarzio Super Distortion-like.)
l.jpg

2. 1998 Washburn US Custom Shop P-3 (My dad got me this guitar used on EGay. It was a gift for my graduation in 2004. Very awesome guitar. It was from Washburn's Chicago custom shop and had Seymour Duncan Custom/Jazz pickups and Buzz Feiten tuning system. Just sold this guitar last year.)
s_k_mullins-albums-sixers-picture3083-99-washburn-custom-shop-p3-w-seymour-duncan-custom-jazz-pickups.jpg

3. 2005 ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe (Awesome guitar. I bought this for myself whenever I finally got a decent job. It has EMGs, Sperzels, the works. Still in my arsenal now, and still sounds and plays awesome. But I'm having some serious tuning issues now, so it's gonna need some work.)
s_k_mullins-albums-sixers-picture3081-esp-ltd-deluxe-ec1000-w-emg-81-60-pickups.jpg

4. 2006 Schecter Blackjack C-7 (My first 7-string guitar. Loved this guitar. People always bitch about the thick neck, but I liked it. My only beef with the guitar was that the JB sounded really muddy. Sold this one last year too to help pay for my Mesa Roadster.)
s_k_mullins-albums-7-string-once-i-miss-picture3091-schecter-c7-blackjack.jpg

5. 2008 ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe (I picked this one up at my local shop for an excellent price. This guitar fuckin' kills! Neck thru, EMGs, Original Floyd! It's a beast, and still my number 1 guitar. I don't think this one will ever leave the pack.)
s_k_mullins-albums-sixers-picture3082-esp-ltd-deluxe-m1000-w-original-floyd-emg-81-pickups.jpg

Bones43x

Reaction score
1. Oscar-Schmidt Acoustic - This piece of junk has been at my parents house since I moved out 10 years ago.
2. '97(?) Squier Fat Strat w/ Licenced Floyd Rose - Sold to a buddy wanting to learn. I'm not sure where it is now.
3. '99 Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst - My main player for 10 years. Now I'm thinking about selling it.
4. '05 Ibanez RG1527BK - My only 7-string, and a definite keeper.
5. '06 Ibanez AEG20F - The first one I got from MF was damaged in shipping, but it played great. I never bonded with the replacement so I sold it.

What the heck...here are the next 4:

'08 Ibanez RG2550ZGW - Main player
'08 Gibson SG Diablo - Traded my Mesa DR for this. I hated the baseball bat neck so I traded it for...
'99 Fender American Standard Strat - For sale. I really need an acoustic...
'10 Ibanez RG1420FBHB - Alternate player waiting on new pickups

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
1. 60's Hopf Telstar. Complete P.O.S. but so fucking cool. I got it from my grandfather, who I've now given it back too. Practically fretless and with little of the electronics functioning as they should.

2. ltd EC-1000 in the vintage black finish. Really cool guitar, but I ended up trading it for my strat because of the combination of the set-neck, scale and EMG's.

3. Copy of a Jackson Kelly, I don't even remember the brand. Bought it for 100£ as a project. Might actually finish it one day.

4. '90-'91 Charvel Spectrum. Still own it. So fucking rad.

5. Homemade Bastardcaster thing. Offset JM-style body, strat-neck and telecaster-style bridge and electronics. One humbucker for maximum rawk.

That's actually most of my guitars except three, huh.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
1. kramer xl2 it was a decent first and its in parts the the moment
2. magnum les paul same with my first kramer
3. stella hallow body its one of the best guitars i own
4. teisco et-210 i think it is it looked cool and i found it at a flee market for $20
5. kramer striker 300? my favorite of my guitars but i kinda wanna trade it for ltd viper or sg idk yet

buffa d

Reaction score
1. RG7321 (yeah my first electric was a 7. I used my brothers rg for a while before that.)
2. Schecter blackjack. sounded decent, but just didn't do it for me.
3. RGA121vlf. I still have it. A lovely guitar (needs some nailbombs, though :D)
4. RG7620 from Japan. Has a cold sweat set in it and it sounds insane. Doesn't stay in tune though.
5. Fender American deluxe strat V-neck. AMAZING! nuff said.

Plus I'm searching for a new hardtail 7. Probably a Carvin dc727 or something.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
1. Cheap Musicyo plywood Focus 1115. Hated it.
2. Epiphone limited run LP Junior. I managed to flip it on ebay for twice what I bought it for. It was nicely made but I didn't like the huge neck.
3. Douglas WRL590. Awesome guitar but I had to send it back for financial reasons
4. Washburn x-15. It was alright. Still have it, in peices.
5. RG321MH. People love this model but mine had a crooked bridge so setting it up was impossible. Sold it for rent money.

Tones

Red paperclip trader
Reaction score
1) Some crumby ass acoustic guitar I won at a boardwalk
2) ESP LTD EX-50 (was a great bang for the buck. and was the best looking guitar for a 15 year old hahahah) - upgraded to seymour duncan blackouts.
3)Jackson DR3 - very decent MIJ guitar I traded my EX-50 for. had a killswitch so it was badass.
4)Ibanez S370DX - Was a very nice guitar. Completely loved ibanez after this.
5) Got my RG7420 AND RG7620 at the same time. I bought the 7420, while had traded the 370dx for my 7620. I Sold my 7420 to a member here, and Still have my 7620.. for now

thefool

Reaction score
1. Fender Mexican Strat in black
2. Seagull Acoustic
3. Gibson Explorer w/ Mirror Pickguard
4. Alvarez Acoustic
5. Gretsch Duo Jet

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
1.) Ibanez SA series
2.) B.C.Rich Warlock
3.) Jackson RR3
4.) Ibanez 350dx w/ Crunchlab & liquifire
5.) Washburn WG-587

Underworld

Reaction score
1 - Cheap ass accoustic (sold it to found an amp)
2 - Mexican Fender Strat (still have it, (+10 years!) have a Tone Zone S in the bridge now. It's sturdy and keeps rocking!)
3 - Ibanez AX7221 (sold it to some dude)
4 - Fender Telecoustic (again, sold it to some dude)
5 - LTD M-207 (sold it to a friend)

Some 10-12 more came after.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Fender MIM Fat Strat

Slammer by Hamer Centaura

Hamer Echotone

Jackson DR7

Fender American Standard Tele

I still have all of them. There were a few acoustics and basses sprinkled in there, too.

ArkaneDemon

Reaction score
1. Yamaha EG112 (strat copy starter guitar)
2. LTD MH-250 (coil tapping, hated the Floyd)
3. Ibanez RG370DX (fuck yeah, Edge III)
4. Ibanez Xiphos 7 string
5. Ibanez RG2228 (fuck yeah)

redskyharbor

Despises crabcore.
Reaction score
1 - Squier "Bullet" Strat (traded in)
2 - Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (traded in)
3 - LTD EX-260 (traded in for the P42)
4 - Schecter Revenger 6 (traded in)
5 - PRS Paul Allender SE (traded in, when i found out my hand sweat is slightly acidic, didn't wanna tarnish the hardware)

And the rest;

6 - Sheridan LP copy (traded in, didn't bond with it)
7 - Parker P42 (still own, EMG 81b/60n)
8 - Fender MIM Stratocaster (upgraded with EMGs, later sold)
9 - PRS SE Custom 22 (traded in, didn't bond with it)
10 - Schecter C7 Blackjack (still own)

')