First 5 guitars

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
1) Hyundai jackson clone (suuuucked)
2) USA BC Rich Warlock (1992)
3) Yamaha RGX621 (still have it and it still kills)
4) Steinberger GM7T (i miss it.)
5) ESP M-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
1) Ibanez RG er...120 ? 140? 240 ? Can't remember, was an entry level HSS with a fender style trem. Kept it for one year
2) MIJ strat with a Floyd II and EMG 81/SA/SA - Kept it for 15 years without buying anything else.
3) Beginning of buying spree: Dean VMNT AoD, kept it for six months
4) ESP Viper, recently sold
5)6)7)8)9) Bought 3 prestiges and 2 regular Ibanez those last three years. XD

lfrz93

The Sexy White Latin
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I miss my old guitars!

1st: Fender Starcaster bundle with amp and everything
2nd: Fender Stratacoustic (still have it, and I love it)
3rd: Schecter C-1 Elite, ohhh how I love thee
4th: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I MISS YOUUUU
5th: Schecter C-1 Classic, meh, don't miss you much

I'm a die hard Jackson player now, at least for now. I love my DK2M, my Rhoads, soon to get a Kelly and hopefully an RR24M sometime soon

I've had some Fender Strats along the way, pretty good guitars too.
I'm really looking back into Schecters though, I might be getting one soon again.

I've had ESP/LTDs, and sorry to offend anyone, but I find them garbage. They rip off every other guitar company there is which makes it even worse.

Never owned a Gibson.

Man good times, I miss that Starcaster

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
1) Pawn Shop LTD Viper-200FM. Finish crack around the neck, a bit grungy, otherwise fine. The neck was round, but as starter guitar, I don't have a very accurate picture of its playability. EMGHZs suck. Traded for the Dinky.

img0063te.jpg

2) Jackson DK2M. Floor model from Guitar Center I maybe shouldn't have bought. Traded in the Viper. It's a perfectly decent guitar, I just didn't mesh with it that well ever. Also, some finish issues and it took a bit to get the LFR right, the edges weren't so great. Sent off in a trade, still have not received other guitar and the member has since gone inactive here and ignores PMs.

dinkysale2.jpg

3) Fender Dao Wood Acousic. Also GC floor model, a birthday present to myself. I rather like it with the Ernie Ball Bronzed coated strings it's been wearing. action's a bit high but not too bad.

img0226u.jpg

4) Ibanez 7421. off eBay, paid a bit much, condition was considerably poorer than advertised. previous owner had sprayed orange right over the body with no prep or finishing work (which made it much less exciting a proposition) so I sanded everything down and found a maple veneer. I also replaced all the electronics, is now sporting an Evo bridge and a Blaze (or Blaze Custom) neck. It's now tung oiled. It's also now in two pieces as I sand down the fretboard to get the goddamned Fiebing's out because it never finished and sealed and the black runs all over your fingers when you play - I'm really frustrated with this and not sure what to do.

ahbedone4.jpg

5) 2001 Jackson SL1. Pawn shop steal for $900 in good but smoky condition, plays great. Meant to replace the Dinky, leading to the ill-fated trade instead. Still not totally sold on it though, I really think it might be the alder-maple combo and being less inclined to SS shapes, but I'm not sure. The single coils are kinda fun, and I really do like how it resonates from being neck-thru.

soloistteaser.jpg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
1) Godin Freeway Classic -Awesome first guitar and great value

2) Ibanez PF Acoustic- Needed an acoustic electric for a gig that was a week away and this baby was on sale in the music store I happened by so I grabbed it-- Not the best but does the job for my purposes

3) Gibson Les Paul Menace- In a music store with my dad who was horny on anything Gibson or Fender lol, so I told him I'd give it a play. Felt a little pressured to buy it but in the end Im glad I did because it's an awesome guitar, minus the pickups.

4) LTD EC-1000 STG-QM - Bought it used off Kijiji for a good price. A lot of bands I like use ESP/LTD's and this was just a natural buy for me. Love its light weight and great looks. First experience with active pickups as well and I love them but find they are meant more for lower tunings and I use this guitar in standard and drop d so I have to drop the mids and highs and up the bass a lot on my amp.

5) LTD VB-300 -- This was a LOOONG time coming. Ever since I first started playing guitar I wanted a Baritone (or 7 string) because a number of bands I liked used them (mainly Evanescence). I just bought this a few weeks ago because I saw it used and thought to myself 'I might as well.' Very happy I grabbed it, just wish I could have talked the guy down on the price a bit more (but the previous owner did throw in EMG actives to replace the HZ's so I guess it wasn't THAT bad).

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
1) Fender acoustic

2) Yamaha strat copy

3) Gold flake Squire fat strat (wish I still had it)

4) White Epiphone les paul custom

5) Jackson DK2M

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Ibanez AX30 (Too long ago to lend an opinion)

Jackson Dinky MG series (fantastic guitar, I still miss it after 4 years)

Washburn WG-580 (Another snake in the grass, very reliable)

ESP LTD M-307 (Fantastic guitars, lots of modding potential)

Ibanez RG7620 (The one that got away, I'd steal 200 livers for mine back)

TTM Devastator (almost killed it with fire, what a headache)

B.C. Rich Stealth 7 (Looks great but doesn't play as nice as my Jackson or my old 7620)

Jackson Performer PS-3 (It's going to be the greatest guitar I have ever owned when I finish it. Schaller Floyd Rose, either EMG active single and 81 or Duncans, Dimarzios)

That's indeed more than five but I thought it would be cool to include all my guitars.

davidb1986

Reaction score
My first 5 were:
Peavey Raptor II
Squier affinity strat,
Hohner Acoustic guitar
Ibanez PF 12 string acoustic
Epiphone SG Special

The Peavey Raptor II was a POS, but the local music store still has it. Even after 9 years. I think I will get it back just for sentimental value.

My current 5 favorite guitars that I have are:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Takamine EF349 Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG7321
OLP modded Petrucci

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
Yamaha Pacifica 121 (died, used it for quite some time)
Samick SKT777 (sold, first seven, played like butter)
Ibanez RG321MH (sold, first new guitar, became a real modfest)
LTD EX-400 (traded, don't know why I got it, probably ex-In Flames guitarist Jespers fault)
LTD EC-400VF (this is what I traded for, really awesome guitar, traded it for a Schecter C-1 Custom later on)

Current guitars:
Fender Baja Tele
Ibanez RG1451

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
POS China-built acoustic
Ibanez RG321MH (no longer working, needs new pickups)
Fender Squier Strat (heavily modified)
Gibson SG Special Faded (current go to guitar)
I haven't bought a fifth guitar.

groph

Reaction score
- BC Rich Bronze Warlock. We've all had one, don't deny. They suck ass. I sold it for $100 a few years ago

- Ibanez RG7321, first and only 7 string. Got it because "I wanted to tune lower lol." Played the shit out of it and I started an extended range craze in my neighborhood, I think it inspired 3 people to go beyond a 6 string. Sold that last year.

- Some random ass no name acoustic my grandmother gave me. It was a cheap knockoff of a Gibson Mockingbird (songbird? wat? It had birds on the pickguard). Sounded like mud and it was so broken it's beyond fixing.

- Jackson DKMGT - Got this as a grade 12 graduation present. First "real" guitar. Love it.

- Seagull S6 Spruce, finally a decent acoustic. I've been wanting to sell it since I never play it but I'd only be selling it for beer money and then I'd be out an acoustic guitar, which are sort of essential instruments if you play guitar. I should hang onto it. I'm almost regretting selling my old Warlock.

- BC Rich Platinum Warlock, picked up for $200. It's probably late 80s or early 90s vintage. It plays like butter and it's been awaiting the installation of a DiMarzio X2N for ages now. I should really get around to that since it's a wicked guitar. I actually like Warlocks, oddly enough.

Oh no, did I just list 6 guitars? Woops. Those are all the guitars I've owned though.

Reaction score
1. Dads crappy old Ibanez acoustic.
2. Cheap co-brand strat copy
3. Peavey V-type EXP
4. Schecter Damien FR
5. Cheap wee nylon string acoustic.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
OLP JP
JP6
JP7
JP7

I've only got 4... What will number 5 be, hmmmmmmmmm

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Squire strat
Ibanez rg5ex1
ltd ex-50
Ibanez S1520bp
Agile pendulum nat 2527

Mettle209

Reaction score
My first five guitars:

(1) 2002 Taylor 910 CE
(2) Epiphone LP Custom (Blk)
(3) MIA Fender Stratacaster (White)
(4) 2005 Taylor 614 CE (Flamed maple back and sides)
(5) 2008 ESP LTD Mh-1000 (See-thru Black)

Not too bad

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
1) Yamaha Pacifica. Violin sunburst finish. Not sure of the model, 112 or 012. It had a maple fretboard though and those are impossible to find these days for some reason.

2) Epiphone Del Rey. Freakin' awesome double-cut Les Paul type guitar with 24 frets and coil splitting. I still have this one, but it needs work...and I think the neck is warped.

3) Yamaha Pacifica. Natural finish. Bought this one when my old one was destroyed by a fire.

4) Ibanez RG320FM. Amber finish. Sold this one a few years back when I needed $$$. It had evolutions, but the Edge Pro II trem sucked.

5)Ibanez RG2EX1. Bought this one as a cheap beater to swap pickups in and out of. Ended up installing the CL/LF set and a pickguard. It's one of the best sounding/playing guitars I have, as well as one of the cheapest.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
No name small scale classical. First ever guitar, bought when I was 10 but didn't play until I was 14, then played it constantly. Tried to put steel strings on it but reverted back to nylon from my teacher's advice. Now given to my cousin.

No name Ibanez Radius copy. First electric, bought from some random pawn shop in the heart of Manila Philippines for about $80 AUD. Terrible guitar with lead hardware, but I loved it and played it constantly. Abused the whammy bar until it became completely unusable. Blocked the bridge and damaged the neck around Christmas 2007. Still in my closet.

Ibanez RG470 (MIJ). First real guitar, bought for my 18th birthday. Still my favorite and best sounding instrument. Modded with Dimarzio Breeds/Red Velvet and Gotoh Locking trem (after pulling the TRS right off the body onstage)

Ibanez Talman Acoustic. Bought once I started giving guitar lessons. Still use it for lessons as well as recording.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic. Walked into a music store with no intention of buying anything, tried this guitar out and bought it dirt cheap. Now modded with JB/59 set, and use it every now and then.

XdiscoXvolanteX

Reaction score
1. 1986 Fender Stratocaster (MIJ)
2. 1990 Ibanez RG770
3. 1996 Dauphen Classical (Cedar Top) - Handcrafted in Spain
4. 2005 Music Man John Petrucci (Fully Loaded)
5. 2006 Ibanez RG1527 7 String

I still play all of them regularly, with the exception of the Petrucci, which has only been played a handful of times, and will probably be getting sold because I'm too afraid to scratch, ding, or chip it, to actually play and enjoy it...lol.

Jason2112

I'm old school
Reaction score
1. Re-branded Samick Tele with a Strat headstock
2. No-name flying V with red/yellow Van Halen stripes (this was 1987 after all)
3. Charvette (Charvel) forget the model #
4. Epiphone model 9350-something, copy of a Gibson USA Pro H-S-S SuperStrat
5. Kramer Pacer (the one with the tilted bridge pickup)

These were all acquired before 1990, I feel old.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
1) Random cheap acoustic
--- Still own, it's pretty neat!
2) Dirt cheap les paul copy from a rather dodgy site
--- Sent it to the recycling depot
3) Ibanez RG7321
--- Still own, but is selling
4) Ibanez RG1527
--- Main guitar

What? I'm not that wealthy to be able to get that many guitars T_T