First 5 guitars

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jontain

Reaction score
Played my uncles acoustic for a little bit before my first but here goes.

1. Squier Strat - Black - Currently in bits with the body reshaped/refinished, bigger frets going in and swapping out s/s/s for h/s/s. Work in progress.

2. Ibanez IC400 Iceman - Black - One of my favourite shaped guitars ever, really love playing this one bar the neck dive it suffers. Needs pickup swap

3. Epiphone 'Goth' Flying-V - Matte Black - Great guitar to just pick up and jam, probs my most comfortable to play standing up. Does have a few small manufacturing flaws which dont effect setup or playability so really a non issue, could do with some new pups too.

4. LTD MH-250 NT - Dark Brown Sunburst - Love this guitar, great quality instrument for the price and a great all rounder. LTD EMG copies could do with replacing.

5. Ibanez RG7321 - Black / Natural sides and back (tung oil) - Really happy with how the refinish came out on this, wood grain on the back of the body is actually suprisingly nice, EMG 707's fitted. Could do with some fretwork/set up but still shreds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
-Some Harmony guitar from a JCPenny Catalog
-A random acoustic a babysitter gave me
-Cheap fender Strat
-RG7421
-RG470

I think...? I've had a lot of them.

Raaaaal13

Reaction score
1.DeArmond M-65-Still have it, has a Dimebucker in it now(but wiring is all screwed up).
2.Dean ML Noir XT-Upgraded with 81/85 but was extremely uncomfortable to play so I traded it for the next one.
3.Ibanez RG5EX1-Loved this one, but sold to fund a car.
4.Jackson SLSMG-Best guitar I've played to date, also sold to fund car.
5.Brownsville Strat copy-Only working guitar at the moment.:squint:

jalmetalman

Reaction score
1. Crafter - cruiser
2. Spider strat
3. BC Rich Mocking Bird
4. Jackson Kelly KE3 Skull Pain Job
5. Jackson Randy Rhoads RX10D

great_kthulu

Reaction score
first one was a cheep jaguar clone, electronics died.
then I got a washburn x-10, sold for money to get
fernandez rave, don't know the model, sold for cash which went to my first tube head
dougles RRV copy, sold to help pay for
schecter c-1 classic, now my backup guitar.

misingonestring

Irrelevant Name
Reaction score
I've only had 4 guitars so far but I'll post anyway.

Some shitty black shortscale acoustic (I think the neck warped and I got rid of it)
Ibanez RG120 (Got this because Dragonforce played Ibanez :facepalm: sold it cause I stopped playing it)
LTD EC-200QM (I was going through a Les Paul phase and this fit the bill, I still occasionally play it, needs new strings)
1986 Charvel Model 4 (I'd been GASing for an 80's metal guitar and this one came up, plays nice, needs intonated badly and I'm not getting along well with the Kahler)

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
First 5 Guitars ive actually owned since I started to play, not including the other 12 in the household...

1) Yamaha erg 121 (Argos starter pack- cheap jobby)

2) Ibanez RG350ex (knew nothing about guitars really at this point but research into price/quality made me go for this as it a had a floating trem to try)

3) 1964 Jedson es335 copy (lovely guitar, tuning was a pain though, its now on a collectors website here Jedson Semi-Hollow Electric Photo Gallery by Mark E at pbase.com )

4) Twin neck Gibson copy (needed it for a cover of Zanadu by Rush - cheaply made but after a setup was great)

5) Ibanez RG1527 (discoverd 7 string guitars, liked the idea of having more range - to play joanna newsom&classical music- so went for a prestige)

since then 7 I havent looked back really, purely 7's since

JunkMan13013

ss.org n00b
Reaction score
1. Rosetti Nylon Acoustic (1970's)
2. Encore 7/8 size strat (single humbucker, was a little screamer)
3. Ibanez GAX70 (people beat down on the GAX, mine was a brilliant example which i wish i still had)
4. Ibanez 7321 (first 7 string, wish i kept it, better than my Les paul)
5. Jackson DK2m (my 16th birthday present, was absolutly buitiful, was the See thru red finish, never seen anouther in this colour, wish i still had it but unfortuatly i couldnt stand the floyd on it :( )

Demeyes

Reaction score
1. Sx strat copy. Not terrible but is now without strings or saddles and hasn't been used in 2 years. I'm going to get it back playing but I don't have much use for it anymore.
2. Epiphone Les Paul. Actually pretty decent guitar and still gets played alot around the house.
3. Jackson SL3. Great guitar, gigged it for ages but it could with a bit of work to get it back to gig ready condition.
4. Jackson SL2H. Best guitar I own and I'll never sell it.
5. Schecter C7 Hellraiser. My first 7 string. Really solid guitar and another one I've gigged a load. My bandmate uses it for our shows now and it still plays great.

I still get a lot of use out of my first 5 and I haven't got rid of any of them. I share the first two with my brother, we half paid for both.

sixstringtrollolol

You Like This
Reaction score
1.) Epiphone PR100 (I still has it)
2.) Epiphone SG G400 Custom Shop Metallic Blue (I still has it)
3.) Epiphone Demon FX (sold)
4.) Martin DM (I still has it)
5.) Epiphone Les Paul Studio Plus (I still has it)

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Unknown Super Strat Copy Pile of Shit - Got it when I was 13 from a pawnshop, played this living shit out of it, everything on it had been repaired much like a trailer park. Friend dropped it off my porch by accident helping me move years later, neck snapped, rage happened.

Ibanez RG720 - My first semi-real guitar. Sold it to my friends little sister who was learning to play as I was leaving town, haven't seen her or it since.

Fender DG-22CE Blonde/Gold Acoustic - My first acoustic. Only guitar I kept when I moved across the state. Played it for 13 years or so. Sold it to an old friend who was on hard times. Still see it every few weeks. She still gets played and is well pampered.

Schecter Damien 7 - My first 7 :noplease:, could've made a better decision with more input but my impatience got to me. Traded in at guitar center, the first in a long line of trades and deals.

Agile Septor Pro 272 - Loved it. Couldn't find anyone who would even jam with me using a 7. Eventually sold it locally through craigslist.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
- Epiphone Strat copy
- ESP/ltd. F200 (sold to get a F400FM)
- Ibanez RG1527 (sold it many years ago because I'm an IDIOT)
- Axl acoustic
- ESP/ltd. F400FM (sold that too actually...)

Joelan

Ukulele Shredder
Reaction score
1. Yamaha CG-120-A

Nice little classical guitar, sounds and plays great for a < $200 instrument.

2. Washburn D10S12

12 string guitar that I never really got into. Recently I've been using it a lot because its the only steel string acoustic I have, but I did take half the strings off :lol:

3. Alhambra P7

Absolutely gorgeous classical guitar, purchased to aid in the completion of my classical guitar studies.

4. Squier Fat Strat Standard

First electric guitar. Great versatile guitar, has served me well for 5 or 6 years now, and it still gets a lot of playtime because I only own 2 electrics and they couldn't be more different.

5. Ibanez RG7620

Don't really need to describe this one :lol:. Bought it on a hunch without even touching one.

arctopus

Reaction score
some Spanish Stagg guitar.
Yamaha something. (Shared it with my brother, he already played guitar for a few years when I started)
Fender Squier Strat. (I hate that guitar.)
Yamaha semi-acoustic APX-5A.
Ibanez RGA8 (Dat guitar)

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
1. Fender Mustang 60`s
2. Guid Starfire III
3. Gibson SG Custom 70`s
4. USA Standard Stratocaster 77 model & 80`s Hamer USA Cruise Bass if bass counts it was #5 traded it for the new HM Strat
5. Fender HM Strat (still have it)

The only dud of the bunch was the 77 strat.
I bought these new so I just dated myself.

Monty

Reaction score
1. Squire Strat - Later became my goto test guitar for mods, pretty much unplayable anymore
2. 1980 fender F-85 acoustic handed down to be by an Uncle of mine for my 16th birthday
3. 2006 Ibanez SA2120 FM Prestige - The first guitar I ever bought for myself, which I am quite proud of. It is one of the few MIK Prestiges that were ever made
4. 2009 EBMM JP6 - In no way do I see myself skilled enough to have one of these, but I worked my ass off and saved up for it myself, and proud of it
5. 2010 Schecter Loomis C-7FR - My first seven that I bought, and gets loads of abuse daily :shred:

Reaction score
Gould Strat copy

Fender 40th Anniversary Strat

Fender HM Strat

Ibanez RG7321

Ibanez SZ520

Now I have two Parkers. :)

')