First 5 guitars

• Thread starter JP Universe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IB-studjent-

Reaction score
Stagg strat (1st guitar)
Cort strat (2nd guitar)
Aria flying v (3rd guitar)
Jackson RR3 (4th guitar)
ESP kh-2( 5th guitar-first real guitar)
BRJ jekyll 727 (soon to be the 7th and first 7 I get)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skin Coffin

Reaction score
1 - Ibanez RG320FM - nice guitar, very pretty too. The edge III was the only thing that gave me nightmares :wallbash:

2 - Carvin DC747 - Just. Perfect.

It's kinda of a weird list, if I can even call it a list :lol:
I'm only 17, it's normal that I don't have many guitars! :D

Maybe the next one will be a custom Siggery.. :cool:

pink freud

Reaction score
1: Ibanez RG120
2: Schecter PT-1
3: Ovation Celebrity
4: Steinberger GU
5: Agile Interceptor 7 Pro

The rest:
6: Godin Glissentar
7: Composite Electric Blade
8: Agile Texan 7

MädMann

Reaction score
1.Harmony Acoustic around 10 brit pounds
2.Peavey Raptor
3.First Act Electric about13 Brit pounds
4.First act acoustic given to me by my cousin
5.B.C. Rich Bronse Warlock

I've gotten a lot more since, and a lot more better quality as well

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
1. Harmony H15 Bobkat, was my grandfathers, and was passed eventually to me. It's beyond old and most of the parts on it have broken due to it being in crappy storage without a case for a long time. Managed to get some play out of it though. (Not my pic, but just an idea)
H15_Silhouette_Bobkat_1965_01.jpg

2. Fender MIM Strat in satin red. Think it was like $200-300 new, my dad bought it for me when I first started learning. He was stoked.

3. Schecter Omen 7 String. They had "duncan designed" pickups in it at the time. Sounded like complete ass, but I didn't know much about guitars at the time, and didn't know you could change that crap out. :(

4. LTD EC-300. Thought it was awesome at the time. First guitar I messed around with pickups in, threw EMG 81/85 in it.

5. I forget.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
Ltd Ax250 (which I still have :wub:)
Ibanez rg..something had a maple fb though :metal:
Schecter S-1 (beastly little thing with a JB in the neck and a Custom 5 in the bridge)
Ibanez Rg7321
Cort Viva 7 (still have, and will likely keep forever :D)

Interloper

Reaction score
1) Yamaha Classical Acoustic - not sure of the model and I could barely fit my arms around it at the time. I was like 7 years old.

2) Squier Strat - Got this one in 7th grade - it was crap and sounded as such but it was electric and I was happy.

3) Jackson Professional Randy Rhoads - Got it in 9th grade. It was awesome but I ended up selling it because I was starting to use a lot of different tunings and the floyd made that a pain in the arse.

4) MIM Telecaster. It was pretty beat up but it actually sounded great.

5) Ibanez S7420QM - I really loved this one but the neck cracked, I got it fixed but I ended up selling it to fund something else.

Reaction score
1. Some Ibanez acoustic guitar
2. Epi SG (11th (?) birthday present. I took it out just last week and stuck new stings on it.)
3. Ibanez S770PB (2010 Model that I got May 2010! Me and my dad were at Guitar Center one day (he drums) and I saw the S on the wall and played it. That was the first S they had in stock in years. He said he would match my 400$ and I got it :) I'm glad me and him have a good relationship! Haha)
4. ????
5. ????

I plan on 4 and 5 being an IC400 and a RR3. I am going to treat myself to one once I reach my goal of alternate picking straight 16ths at 200bpm. :)

Podium

Reaction score
Jackson Js-30 Dinky - my first guitar, a piece of shit that i fell in love with. LFR was terrible , sold last April with great sorrow..

Fender CD-100 Acoustic - decent guitar, sold it because i bearly used it

Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 - my main guitar for the past year,bought it in may 2010, amazing guitar, completely love it! emg's sounds great though i really don't use it's coil tapping but whatever..
i threw in it some 11-54's and drop tuned it to drop c so it can fit my band Unleash The Pain.
might also install a killswitch in it instead of the tone knob..

Modded Epiphone Les Paul Slash Signature - awesome one, she is from the first run of production, limited edition of 1000 pieces made.
previous owner pimped it with black sperzels (might repleace them for chrome ones to fit the color of hardware) and a Bill Lawrence XL500 bridge pickup, she's my backup guitar for my band but she's currently tuned standard,needs some fretwork/set-up, but i truly love her!

5th guitar? unkown at the moment, probably a loomis NT/RG7321 with 707's
or a c-1 custom :)

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Peavey Raptor
LTD M-50
LTD M-200FM
Ibanez RG550
Ibanez RG1570

Still have the Raptor, M-50 and the RG550. Traded the M-200FM for the RG1570 and then I eventually sold that. The Raptor has held up quite nicely and it plays pretty damn solid. Build quality on mine is really good. I've had it for like 15 years now, although it sat unplayed in it's case for at least half of that time.

Lrrrr

Reaction score
1. 70's Yamaha acoustic junker I found in my grandparents basement. Bowed neck, unplayable past the 4th or 5th fret. 7 years of developed finger strength later and it still hurts like hell to make the basic E, D, G, C chords.
2. Squier Strat
3. Epiphone Les Paul Standard - incredible play for a $500 guitar, build quality is poo, but it feels and and sounds wonderful after a little work.
4. Schecter Blackjack ATX
5. Seagull S6
Future number 6 - Carvin DC727, graduation present for myself this coming winter, college kills so I've never had a lot of cash for new toys. Degree startin to pay for itself. Yus.

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
1. Cort Acoustic - played like an electric, sounded awesome. Sold now, although I do miss it.

2. Squier Fat Strat - Still have it, learned everything on it, although it has fallen into a state of disrepair.

3. Ltd-Alexi 600 - Was an awesome guitar... until I decided I wanted a neck pick up. Got sold for...

4. Ibanez RG Geiger thing - was an awesome guitar, but I had no appreciation for it at the time...

5. Gibson LP Voodoo - Got this just after I got the alexi 600. This guitar is amazing if you can ever find one. Sold last year to fund my Universe.

(Other ones that I have had in this period: JP7 Egyptian Smoke (best guitar evar!) RG-2228, RG-1527, LTD-JH600.

dclayton1388

Reaction score
1.) Jackson JS20. I still have it. I learned to sweep on that junky old thing, I loved it for a long time, I can't sell it.

2.) Jackson RR3. (Cobalt Blue) I loved this guitar and miss it dreadfully. I did the dumbest thing by trading it off. It played like a dream and i bought it brand new for 600 bucks with a HSC.

3.) Parker P44 Pro. (Trans/Quilt Green) My biggest mistake. It played okay. The action was terrible (even after 3 set-ups from different people) The sperzels locked up on the lower 3 strings, and the douchebag who traded it to me said it was my problem now. UGH. Sold that bitch.

4.) Ibanez 7321. Great guitar. It did me great, had fantastic action and was buttery smooth. Pups were swapped out for a pair of Dimarzio's which were lovely. I miss it, but, it hurt my hands quite a bit to play. The shoulders were too rough for me to handle.

5.) Jackson DK2M. This is my baby. I love it. The action is just right, the passive duncans sound great, and i've never had issues with it.

The most recent addition I've made was purchasing a white Carvin Bolt. Which I do love. It's got a fantastic tone. I can only be excited for what is next to come!! :D

Off_The_Heezay

Reaction score
1. Westfield Strat copy. Black w/ white pickguard. Now covered in paint and stickers, with a SD Hotrails in the bridge. God awful but I loved it at the time.

2. Ibanez RG320FM. Dark blue/purple. Love this guitar, still use it a lot. Got an SD Super Distortion/'59 combo, and after that a BKP Miracle Man/Cold Sweat. In the process of a makeover with 'Night of the Living Thread' logo, and white BKP Aftermath/VHII set.

3. Ran Custom Explorer. Diamondplate finish, EMGs. From a time when I was huge into Metallica. Had a bit of a love/hate relationship with it, but was very sad to see it go. Unfortunately it was the most valuable guitar I owned by a distance, and I needed the cash.

4. Schecter C7 Hellraiser. Red. Very nice playing guitar, but I never really used the 7 to its full potential, and I ended up selling it to fund synth gear.

5. Fender Standard Telecaster. My current guitar, loved teles for years and finally got one. Saving up for BKP Piledrivers.

kslespaul

Reaction score
lets see...
1. a REALLY old Aria nylon acoustic that mom had as a kid. I beat on that thing as a baby and it still comes out of the case occasionally :)
2. first act POS electric guitar.. sounded like absolute shit but i couldnt have been happier with it at that point, i was about 10 and was just starting to get serious.
3. A nice little Squire Classic Vibe (age 13) i LOVED this thing but regrettably sold it.. :noplease:
4. Epiphone Les Paul 100 i know, i know, its supposed to be a horrible guitar but at the time i had no clue. Still own the thing to this day and love it to pieces too :lol:
5.Ibanez RG321mh. this is the guitar that started my ibanez addiction and led me to sell the squire in order to fund an Ibanez Apex 2. :hbang:

funny.. feels like im fondly reminising of my children :lol:

Reaction score
1. 95 or 96 Cort strat that my uncle bought me (currently in pieces being refinished I'll never sell this one.)
2. 2001-2003? Washburn WR-120 ( I should have never sold this guitar it had a really unique sound for some reason that I've never been able to reproduce)
3.2007 Cort X-2 (still own has an Emg 85 in the bridge I'll never sell this one either)
4. 1980? M-100? ( some obscure Cort from the 80s that my friends dad found in the garbage and gave to me because nothing worked on it, I put a lace sensor dually in it, I'm a Cort fanboy in case you couldn't tell lol this one will be getting a replacement body soon)
5. 2000? Squire stage master 7 ( I love the neck on this guitar it's currently in pieces it also is getting a replacement body)

')