First 7 questions

the man2

Reaction score
I'm looking for my first 7 and if anyone knows of a guitar that fit my criteria.
i'd like a longer scale like 26.5" 27", I heard that the strings are tighter and I can imagine the low B can get muddy with thick strings, which i like.
Believe it or not im gonna be planning on using this with more indie/hard/melodic rock music, not so much metal, so what woods would be better for that (i'm guessing mahogany, cause its more les paulish) and what pickups would you recommend, corresponding with the wood or course. Something for under $500 would be great, more on the $400 side, but I can be flexible. also would prefer a tremolo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gandalf

Reaction score
You can also get the Cheap Ibanez RG guitars, you get so much bang for the buck on these. But of course Beggers cant be choosers, the cheepies ones does not have tremolo :)

the man2

Reaction score
Thanks on the advice guys, I heard about agiles before and i heard nothing but good things about them, so that might be the one. What would be good pickups to put in a mahogany bodied guitar. I'm looking for a more hi-fiish sound, but low-output.

ImmortalCaMeL

Reaction score
Just got my 1st 7 today.. schecter c7 hellraiser bought off of guitar center's used online section. $423 with shipping. Had a c1 hellraiser in the past and loved it so I thought I'd try out the 7.. havn't put it down all day till now just to type this :shred:

feilong29

Reaction score
this is probably out of my budget, but how would warmoth be?

I think Warmoth's are customs aren't they? But as for the Schecter mentioned above, I have one and it is awesome. I'm only getting rid of it because it doesn't have a tremolo! But for the price, you will have a monster 7-string machine :D

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
I know its been said, but Agile make the 727 (27" scale) with EMGs in it. I have a 727 Elite. It covers your requirements. You can pick them up used for about $500. If you don't have to have the neck-through, the Ibanez RG73xx would be in there. Unless you find it used with pickups, you would probably want to swap out the stock ones. Schecter makes some decent 7s from what I hear. Probably around the budget range your looking at.

Tanoma

Reaction score
I would go with Agile guitars, my suggestion is to go to your local store and try out the 7 strings that they have their and the feel of the low B string. I play mine in AEADGBE with .10-.72

Latest posts

')