First 7 string - Ibanez or Agile

• Thread starter DarklyDreaming
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey this is my first time posting here and i'm thinking about getting a 7 string.

so i've narrowed it down to either an agile septor 7 or intereceptor 7 or an Ibanez S7320.

now i've been leaning towards the ibby, i love the lightwieght, the thin body style, and of course the ZR trem, but it is about 700 new and i'm not sure if i'm going to be playing with it all that much.

on the other hand either one of the agiles are in a decent price range and have some solid looking options, but i usually play tele's and i'm not sure if the neck on the agile's will work for me.

and of course no music store near me has any of these items so if some one who has had some expericance with either or both of these could give me some feedback that would be awesome.

thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

somn

Reaction score
id go with an agile i just got a response from them they will have some 7 string baritone pros by thanksgiven

JerkyChid

Beef jerky kid
Reaction score
I almost got an Agile before I got my Schecter (cause it was cheaper). But I would go for the S for the mohogony goodness and great trem

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My vote is the Interceptor. I have an Ibanez RG7420 but I'll be switching to my custom Interceptor when it comes in next March.

ak33

Lefty
Reaction score
Interceptor, I own a left handed one and I just love it. You'll be fine with the agile neck

MetalJordan

Reaction score
i say go with with agile
i have a douglas sr-370 which is also made by rondomusic.com
and i love it i say since ur worried about price to go with the septor

Drow Swordsman

Reaction score
I owned a UV777PBK, Ibanez's top of the line 7 string, and once I got my Interceptor Pro, I was SOLD to Agile and sold the UV within a month.

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. really helpfully!

so how is the trem on the interceptor, i've had problems with similar floyds before, they would never stay set up, the intonation was always off, i don't want to have the same problem, but it would be awesome to be able to pull off some dive bombs and such again.

also i've notice the interceptor has a 27" scale, does that mean it'll be set up as a baritone right off the bat, cuz i'm planing on just playing in drop a.

sorry if i'm being a pain in the ass, i've been working only with sixers as long as i've been playing.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to obsess over ibanez
i joined this site
now i only own agile ;)
agile for the win

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. really helpfully!

so how is the trem on the interceptor, i've had problems with similar floyds before, they would never stay set up, the intonation was always off, i don't want to have the same problem, but it would be awesome to be able to pull off some dive bombs and such again.

also i've notice the interceptor has a 27" scale, does that mean it'll be set up as a baritone right off the bat, cuz i'm planing on just playing in drop a.

sorry if i'm being a pain in the ass, i've been working only with sixers as long as i've been playing.

even tho its a LFR its amazingly stable
i onyl had to set it up once when i got it and havnt had to go back to it since.
and 27" will be totally fine with drop A and prob even lower.
the guitar is an allround winner imho
i cant even fault it

Reaction score
ok i think i'm convinced and really impressed. so i think i'm gonna go for the agile interceptor. now all i've gotta find some new pickups to put in that thing.

one last thing is there any guitar you would suggest to try out that has a similar neck to the agile, just to make sure.

Bumskull

Reaction score
Good choice on the Agile, and good choice to change the pickups. You know how those EMG's are...

')