First 7 string on a budget

• Thread starter Beavis83
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beavis83

Reaction score
Evening all.
Go easy on me as I'm a n00b. :wavey:

As the title says, I am broke and looking for advice on a good budget 7 string that I will either be able to sell (if I find 7's aren't my thing) or trade up if I do.

Ideally, I'd like
Passive pickups (thats a given)
Fixed bridge
Normal enough shape - nothing too metal looking ie V's Warriors etc. The band I'm currently in wouldn't suit a guitar that looks like you could fight Orcs with it, and win. :p

My budget would be about €250 - 300. I don't mind getting 2nd hand so long as it's not in utter rag order. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MethDetal

Reaction score
get your hands on an LTD H-207, or maybe you could get an s7321 for that price.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
My first was an Ltd M-17. Took it back to GC in a few days and ordered an Ibanez once I got the feel for a 7..

MethDetal

Reaction score
you would be better off getting a cheaper 7 like the m-17 and upgrading the pickups than getting an ibanez and dealing with those stock ones.

jovima69

Reaction score
I got a killer deal on RG7321 a few months back. Although I enjoy playing it, I wish I would've done my homework and bought bought something with a longer scale. That being said, I have not picked up a six string since. I see an extended scale guitar in my future. Good luck with your quest.

7stg

Reaction score
Schecter with 26.5 inch scale.

Beavis83

Reaction score
It looks like I'm gonna get a Schecter Diamond Series Omen Extreme 7.

2012 model, and the guy is including a hardcase.

Xmas is gonna be early for me I think :hbang:

Centrix

Reaction score
This is exactly my budget, and in Europe as well lol!

I was actually trying to stretch it to get a new 7421, not sure if they are good though...

jovima69

Reaction score
RG7321's can be found on the cheap. I bought mine a few months ago, first seven on a budget, and love it. Still waiting on a pickup swap though. Hope you find what you are looking you!

')