First 8 string

Reaction score
just need some advice..
just recently got a schecter omen 8 bought it cuz it was sigificantly cheaper than the others on the market & didnt want to spend alot if it turned out i didnt like the 8.

now i think i'm addicted to 8 string guitars lol & i'm just wondering if either the ibanez,agile or esp 8's were lighter ? because i feel like i need a back harness for the schecter lol,also the neck is ok just didnt know if there was a thinner necks on the other mentioned guitars?

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Well I know the Ibanez is a lighter one than the Schecter. My ESP FM-408 weighs as much as your average Les Paul does and I can't vouch for the Agile 8's...

As for a thinner neck, yes. The Ibanez and ESP 8's do have a much thinner neck in comparison to the baseball bat of a neck on the Schecter.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
I think the Schecter would last longer. Not just in durability, but also in playability. It's good all round for beginners to pros. I would just put some BKP's in there after a while if you decide to use it extensively.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
I think the Schecter would last longer. Not just in durability, but also in playability. It's good all round for beginners to pros. I would just put some BKP's in there after a while if you decide to use it extensively.
Last longer than what? How does something last longer in playability? I've never seen a guitar suddenly stop being playable.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Last longer than what? How does something last longer in playability? I've never seen a guitar suddenly stop being playable.

Well I meant it last longer durability wise compared to, say, the Ibanez. This is just from my experience.
As for lasting in playability, you know, how if you start of on a Squier bullet, eventually you'll wanna upgrade to a Fender or something as you get better. It's like, You won't outgrow the Schecter. The others probably won't either, but again, this is personal preference. I found the Schecter to be most comfortable. It also looks nicest, lol.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
People still play guitars from the 50s and 60s. Ibanez still has 70s models floating around. It's all about caring for your instrument.

Anyways, back OT. I just traded for a Septor 828. I'll give a review of it as soon as I get it in my hands.

SpiritCrusher

Reaction score
well theres the new schecter omen 8... ive heard a lot of good things about that.. and the price is not bad either

Onyx8String

Reaction score
I like my agile intrepid 828. It's extended scale length gets rid of some intonation problems and strings being too loose.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
You want to get rid of the Schecter because of the weight?

I can understand that, having played a lot of bass guitar and feeling the back strain...

Has this become a medical issue yet? Why not try a much bigger strap. I use one from "Strapp" (name of the company) on my bass, which is a really comfortable one, extra wide and padded.

Good luck with the search!

Marty Siggery

siggeryguitars
Reaction score
You could have an 8 string built to your specs and have the body chambered. that would be considerably lighter than what you have at the moment

Latest posts

')