First Attempt at Depressive Black Metal

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
Made this song as an attempt at whats called Depressive Black Metal or whatever.
I'm making another song as we speak so just lend me your two cents.
Major inspirations for this work was Alcest, Coldworld, and Ancient.

Used EzDrummer
Garageband
Amplitube 3
Shure SM57 mic for vocals
Ibanez S7420 with a D-Activator in the bridge
Ibanez Universe 7 string
Digitech GSP1101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySpkHVrwg6A

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
thanks man.
I have another song I'm almost done with about to come out.
I'll try to mix this one a little better for the drums.
And this time....I used a Digitech Death Metal pedal lol
had to go super kvlt and trve lol

I'm also thinking of writing an entire albums worth since I've also started writing my 3rd song.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
^ You should buy a Phosphene Audio KVLT pedal, it has the word kvlt on the fucking box (it's actually a great bass distortion pedal even though it's made for guitar). :lol:

For the guitars while I don't hate that sound I would attempt to go for more of a Coldworld style sound i.e. not super hi-fi , but defined enough to be listenable, as opposed to horribly muffled and weak sounding, you can have a guitar tone which lends itself to creating an atmosphere without resorting to making it sound like a wash of bassy fuzz and reverb.
Riff wise, keep doing what you're doing, it works. Dark, plodding and meditative.

Generally the only thing that I find depressing about depressive black metal is how terrible the vast majority of the mixes are, don't fall in to that trap.

')