First build! (Ibanez/Blackmachine content)

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
After 4 months and 4 days I can proudly say. I Did it. It is done. And it sounds amazing! No words can describe how happy I am at this point. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went in this project. A few moments where I could really hit myself on the head. Still, I loved it from right from the start. I won't stop after this one. I already have some big plans for the second guitar I'm going to make:metal:

The last bunch of pictures followed by a NGD and a video of me playing it, if my software doens't fail on my again...

dsc02841op.jpg

dsc02833g.jpg

dsc02846rx.jpg

dsc02847xd.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Amazing work dude! You've inspired me to do the rest of the work on my Fender Stagemaster 7 string, I need to sand off the rest of the sealer, then get a nice stain and clear coat on it then I'm done!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Wow impressive. Is this from scratch or did you mod the neck and body? I'd love to see the headstock!

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Amazing work dude! You've inspired me to do the rest of the work on my Fender Stagemaster 7 string, I need to sand off the rest of the sealer, then get a nice stain and clear coat on it then I'm done!

Thanks! Nice to hear that I inspired you to do something, makes me feel like a boss:cool:

Wow impressive. Is this from scratch or did you mod the neck and body? I'd love to see the headstock!

The neck is from an older Ibanez RGD7 string. I made the body from scratch.

Reaction score
Wow!!!!! I'm so glad you finished this, it looks amazing! Although if it had been me making the body i would have sanded and curved the heel of the neck pocket (where the bolts go through to the neck) just to make it look even more pimp :) still think its amazing though!!!!

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Wow!!!!! I'm so glad you finished this, it looks amazing! Although if it had been me making the body i would have sanded and curved the heel of the neck pocket (where the bolts go through to the neck) just to make it look even more pimp :) still think its amazing though!!!!

Thanks man! The heel is perfect for me:metal:

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Dude. Awesome.

I just found the NGD thread went here and read through the whole build- man I don't know how I missed this but it is cool !! I totally dig it!

I love to see guys like me to just take it upon himself to build themselves the Guitar they want.

Next one you gotta build the neck too, right?

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Dude. Awesome.

I just found the NGD thread went here and read through the whole build- man I don't know how I missed this but it is cool !! I totally dig it!

I love to see guys like me to just take it upon himself to build themselves the Guitar they want.

Next one you gotta build the neck too, right?

It's a lot of fun and I love doing it! Next one is going to be an 8 stringer, bolt on, 27 inch, golden hardware, ash body, black stained top, 5 piece maple or maple wenge neck :D ebony board, no inlays. That's the idea I have in my head:lol:

Reaction score
Jarnozz,

Very nice! This was a cool thread that I just found today. I'm sure you are very proud of your build - and justifiably so! You must have REALLY liked that neck... LOL!

What finish did you use? The spalted maple looks great! It's a bit of a moot point now, but a site I have found very helpful is guitarelectronics.com. They have a lot of really good info on wiring a guitar -online almost any configuration you can imagine is there.

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Jarnozz,

Very nice! This was a cool thread that I just found today. I'm sure you are very proud of your build - and justifiably so! You must have REALLY liked that neck... LOL!

What finish did you use? The spalted maple looks great! It's a bit of a moot point now, but a site I have found very helpful is guitarelectronics.com. They have a lot of really good info on wiring a guitar -online almost any configuration you can imagine is there.

thanks dude! I used danish oil to finish her up!

Latest posts

')