First ERG and questions

Gregadethhh

Guitar Padawan
Reaction score
Right guys back from my mate's band practise and the ESP with the D-Activator's didn't really bowl me over I have to say, which is kinda disappointing cause I wanted to keep Ibanez/DiMarzio thing going :/ I thought the Agile sounded fairly decent again I wasn't amazed by it though they were both playing through a solid-state amp which I can't abide by (had a bad incident with a Line 6 Spider II *shudders*) so I'm still undecided guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nickel

6/7/8
Reaction score
mess around with different pickups at guitar center, its the best way to find a good tone without actually buying two sets of pickups

Gregadethhh

Guitar Padawan
Reaction score
mess around with different pickups at guitar center, its the best way to find a good tone without actually buying two sets of pickups

Afraid I'm in the UK man :/ there used to be 8 guitar shops in Sheffield and now there's only 3, one sells nothing higher than a cheap Stagg, one sells nothing but vintage Gibson/Fenders and the other is the best one but has a very limited small stock :/

stuglue

Reaction score
Rich tone music right? There are a few other guitar stores that are pretty good in Yorkshire. Aire Valley Guitars in Bradford. There's PJS music in Barnsley or a bit further afield GTR music in Huddersfield. Also there's Dawsons music in LEEDS

TheOrangeChannel

JonOrBattleship
Reaction score
The D-Activator 8's are KILLER man. I've played them thru my rig and through a bunch of plugins I have here today, damn they're really good sounding.

Gregadethhh

Guitar Padawan
Reaction score
just bought the Ibanez RGA8 from Thomman :D depending on how speedy DHL are with delivering it should be arriving either tomorrow or Monday!

Gregadethhh

Guitar Padawan
Reaction score
sorry to bump an old thread but I think I'm gonna wait for DiMarzio to release PAF 8s in the UK and get the Tone Suck killswitch swapped out for a push/pull tone pot so the coils can be tapped

stuglue

Reaction score
Hi mate, I've just ordered a pair of paf8 dimarzio pickups from storm shadow guitars who is in Sheffield if you want his details pm me

')