First full mix(sort of). ZoomG2+DFH

• Thread starter Jims
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jims

Reaction score
Well basicly I've done a few sort of single riff things over the last few weeks trying to get the hang of recording and this is the first item sort of longer than 30seconds or so that I finished so I feel I mayswell post it to see how I'm going.

I'd appreicate it if people didn't judge this on my playing or the riffs as my playing is horrible and the riffs were basicly played on the spot so I could record them and have a practice.

To record this I used my Zoom G2.1U pedal using its usb into cubase, the bass is a pitch shifted guitar :squint: and the drums are basicly DFH, theres a few iffy bits here and there that even I can hear myself but here is what I have so far anyway.

Soundcloud
user5690601 - gdsgdfgdf - SoundCloud

As you can see it has a very suiting name, anyway please critique and say what you want, don't worry I won't take it personaly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Sounds good to me!

I also have a Zoom G2.1u, I don't use it anymore, but I never got such a good sound out of it. But you really got a good sound, I like it a lot.
What settings did you use?
I\Did you use the G2.1 also for the pitch shifting in order to get the bass? Did you use one octave down?
I remember trying that once, but in my case it sounded horrible.

You are getting good results with the G2.1:yesway::metal:

Jims

Reaction score
Sounds good to me!

I also have a Zoom G2.1u, I don't use it anymore, but I never got such a good sound out of it. But you really got a good sound, I like it a lot.
What settings did you use?
I\Did you use the G2.1 also for the pitch shifting in order to get the bass? Did you use one octave down?
I remember trying that once, but in my case it sounded horrible.

You are getting good results with the G2.1:yesway::metal:

Thanks for that, didn't expect such a positive responce :)

To answer, yeah the bass is pitch shifted from the pedal, I imagine it could be better but it will do for now :)

And both side patches use the peavey sim with quite low gain with the booster + a condensor mic, other than that its just eq and a bit of compression, I think one side may have a bit of reverb though.

Jim.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Thanks for that, didn't expect such a positive responce :)

To answer, yeah the bass is pitch shifted from the pedal, I imagine it could be better but it will do for now :)

And both side patches use the peavey sim with quite low gain with the booster + a condensor mic, other than that its just eq and a bit of compression, I think one side may have a bit of reverb though.

Jim.

Thanks, Jim !

Man, I just listened again. It really sounds awesome! Also very cool riffage!

Jims

Reaction score
Another bump D=

I'm looking to put some vocals on it also, but I myself can't reproduce the sound I want (since I can't even sing in the first place never mind scream) so some tips and how I would go about this would be helpful D=

Cheers, Jim.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
tips? get one of the other forumites to do it. lol

im at work and soundcloud is banned, but I'll listen if my internet isn;t retarded when i get home.

in the meantime, if you want, feel free to drop by my 8 string mix test and give me your opinion. :)

the thing a lot of the RC doesn;t undertstand ( because a lot are new) is that you gotta reply to these threads a lot, because that brings more people in.

metalfish

Reaction score
Finally, i find another forumite who uses the G2!
I just use it as an interface though... if I ever record, i just use amp sims + impulses, they usually do the job pretty well

')