First Full Mix using Presonus Studio One Pro (POD HD, No Djenty)

• Thread starter Purelojik
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Purelojik

Reaction score
Ok guys so i finally finished this thing i was working on. Its one of the first few ones that i've managed to keep improving on without getting bored of myself.

Im really liking the mix im getting but i am always up for criticism to make subsequent mixes better.

Please take a listen and let me know what you think. If anyones interested in the patches i've used lemme know and i'll be glad to post links to them. Thanks guys

Wake Up Final by SheHatesMyTie on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Guitars are double tracked left and right. one set with a cold bias, the other with a warm bias.

bass is tracked in two layers DI, and dirty

drums are SD2.0 metal machine with mixing inside SD

master chain has a PSP vintage warmer (my favorite plugin, worth the money)

the guitars are tracked with my recently built baritone 7 with an aftermath bridge and warpig neck pup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Purelojik

Reaction score
Are you enjoying working in S1?

love it. i used to use sonar so the layout is familiar but S1 pro is worth the money. the plugins are pretty good and everythings intuitive. thats one thing i didnt like about sonar. S1 is very condusive to songwriting and jamming out ideas. Midi editing for SD2.0 is much easier than sonar. i've demo'ed cubase and found it at first glance too technical to be a songwriting tool. mixing and such would be great but i wanted something like sonar and reaper combined. So im a happy camper.

now im getting used to my tannoy reveals as well and finally made some great patches for the POD HD so i couldnt be more content at the moment!

thanks for listening King

Blazerok

Reaction score
sounded pretty cool to me! The track has a cool vibe going on. I personaly would have made it a bit fatter overall though. But good job still! I LOVE that first riff!

I tried S1 a couple weeks ago, and while i enjoyed it, I was bummed a bit by the fact that it won't load 32 AND 64 bit VST's stock. So i sticked with Reaper, and just found a new skin for it :lol:.

Purelojik

Reaction score
sounded pretty cool to me! The track has a cool vibe going on. I personaly would have made it a bit fatter overall though. But good job still! I LOVE that first riff!

I tried S1 a couple weeks ago, and while i enjoyed it, I was bummed a bit by the fact that it won't load 32 AND 64 bit VST's stock. So i sticked with Reaper, and just found a new skin for it :lol:.

thanks for listening and the kind words dude!

i was wondering about the same things regarding 32 vs 64 and so i just installed both and have two separate vst plugins folders and it works great! if i wanna track guitars through amp sims like lepou or something then i can go thought the 32 bit then mixdown the stems and import them to the 64 bit if i want. i know its probably not the best way but hey it works well.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
love it. i used to use sonar so the layout is familiar but S1 pro is worth the money. the plugins are pretty good and everythings intuitive. thats one thing i didnt like about sonar. S1 is very condusive to songwriting and jamming out ideas. Midi editing for SD2.0 is much easier than sonar. i've demo'ed cubase and found it at first glance too technical to be a songwriting tool. mixing and such would be great but i wanted something like sonar and reaper combined. So im a happy camper.

now im getting used to my tannoy reveals as well and finally made some great patches for the POD HD so i couldnt be more content at the moment!

thanks for listening King

Did you get Version 1 or 2?

It's also a really powerful mixing tool. Don't let it's apparent simplicity make you think it's anything less :)

Purelojik

Reaction score
Did you get Version 1 or 2?

It's also a really powerful mixing tool. Don't let it's apparent simplicity make you think it's anything less :)

i got version 2. bought the pro version. was really impressed with how fast i got along with the demo so i just bought it when i got my new computer. then amazon had SD2.0 for 160 and i couldnt pass it up so i got that too. it was awesome

and each time i use PSone i realize how much more it can really do if i want it to. its simple if you want it to be but can be as complex as you'd like too. especially for an amature recording musician.

')