First guitar build (Steinberger content)

• Thread starter sytraxiplague
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
First I was like 'HOW CAN YOU RUIN THAT FINISH YOU BALLBAG' then I was like 'DEAR GOD I HAVE AN ERECTION'.

Also I just finished watching 'The Thing' which this finish is kinda reminding me of. :lol: I really like it! You should definitely do more guitars like this when this one is finished. :) I look forward to seeing the final product.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I think the only guitar I want more than this one right now is my custom being built. Other than that, I'd do incredibly nasty things for this. Like, really.

REALLY.

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
I think the only guitar I want more than this one right now is my custom being built. Other than that, I'd do incredibly nasty things for this. Like, really.

REALLY.

Haha glad you like it. My uncle said if enough people did, he'd start doing custom paint jobs like this. If you'd ever be interested, just tell me :agreed:

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
Hoooooooooooly tits.

I'm 99.9% against painted guitars. This fits in the .1 with a VERY select few (with Daemoness and maybe a Learn)

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
goddamn... it's perfect. The artwork really reminds me of my own, it's awesome.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
First I thought that the paintjob totally sucked, then after your details, I fucking love it!!!

First build Steinberger is an awesome idea, maybe gonna build one myself, or upgrade my own.

Keep it up man!

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
It's at another "halfway" point, so there's probably going to be some major changes. This is no where near final, but here's some progress.

Also ignore the brown at the bottom as much as possible. That's going to be much darker and have more detail. That was just done to get the structure down.
5984458311_93400171cf_b.jpg

Annnd, the detail:
5985023554_bc25329cd9_b.jpg

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Good gawd. I don't know what those things are but I know they are in the ocean somewhere, it's coming together really well!

Enselmis

Reaction score
Jesus Christ.

mod edit: some thing should be done by pm, the rest of your post was one of them

Edit: Sorry!

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
It made a lot of progress last night :agreed:

5991134510_0eaf232993_b.jpg

I've edited this next one just a tiny bit, saturation and color-wise. I'm trying to give you guys an accurate idea of what it looks like. The blues are still a little more teal-y, but this looks almost exactly like it does in person. The contrast of colors really pops like the real deal.
5991162692_7c063923ec_b.jpg

(Hopefully the bumping every few days isn't a big deal. Everyone seems to be enjoying it, so I hope it's not an issue! Don't want to get on anyone's nerves or get in trouble!)

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Hey, I have a quick question. Not sure if it'll happen or not, but I'm just experimenting with ideas in my head.

What do you think of a binding? I think a red binding would really compliment the painting. Or possibly the green. I'm torn at this point, it may not have one at all, but I'm thinking about it! Thanks for the help!

(Edit: A white binding is also in question now, tell me what you think :))

')