First Guitar Cable solo on Youtube!!!

Reaction score
It seems that this is the first guitar cable solo on youtube... and now I'm working on a second one... I hope you'll like this :metal:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG4-Mre9LnQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG4-Mre9LnQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

also visit my MySpace page:
David Maxim Micic NEW SONG ONLINE!!!! on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

take care!
David

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Uh... I'd like to introduce you to a man named Tom Morello.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this. Great work.

That said, Melodyne makes me sick. You don't even have to be a talented musician anymore. :noplease:
I own the software, but I am wary to use it. It's kind of creepy and... I just don't like using it.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
OK tom morello used noises from the cable, so have tons of people. But nobody has put that sound through melodyne so stop hating. Damn, I swear this forums is going to shit

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
While I wrongly judged you on your other thread, I got the chance to listen and putting that through a Melodyne sounds pretty good.

Well done mate. :metal:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
OK tom morello used noises from the cable, so have tons of people. But nobody has put that sound through melodyne so stop hating. Damn, I swear this forums is going to shit

I think we're all just more critical these days, trying to keep unneeded threads to a minimum.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Well, since you've posted this in TWO different sections of SS.org, I'll just copy what I said earlier.

I really enjoyed this. Great work.

That said, Melodyne makes me sick. You don't even have to be a talented musician anymore.
I own the software, but I am wary to use it. It's kind of creepy and... I just don't like using it.

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
I don't think I get it.

So he's tapping it in order to produce feedback, which is sent through Melodyne in order to manipulate said feedback into notes?

So... he's just tapping the rhythm the solo, and Melodyne makes it notes?

Reaction score
I'm really glad you people like this... :agreed:

sorry for posting it in 2 threads, I'm new here, and I haven't thought that some people consider it as a spam...

What should I do if I want to put something else, a different video... should I put it in another Thread?

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
i think his other videos are great. he has a bad ass jpmm. david you are a great guitarist.

ps the forum isn't going to shit. technically morello did make the "cable" or feedback solo famous.

Reaction score
Melodyne is not the only tool that makes untalented musicians sounds like they know what they are doing... That's sad, and we can't do anything about it since there's a lot of people in the music industry who make some serious money doing it...
But I still think Melodyne can be really useful tool in some situations...

I'm glad you guys like the video :)

Tom Morello is one of my favorites, so I can't say anything else but thanks for posting the video bro :))

And he did the cable thing, but the concept is different...

Islandjam2990... That's exactly what i did... sounds easy and it is :)

I'll post the description text below...

Reaction score
Description:

I recorded this melody over the solo section from "Dark Side of You remix" using guitar cable for the rhythm part of the solo, and then audio editing program Melodyne to create the melody out of guitar cable noise...

- Guitar Cable is used because it makes noise when your skin touches the audio plug. The noise you're hearing is stray 60 cycle AC noise that your body just naturally picks up from the environment....

- Melodyne is the latest technology by Celemony is Direct Note Access, which allows independent manipulation of individual notes within chords and polyphonic recordings.

Also visit my Myspace page:
David Maxim Micic NEW SONG ONLINE!!!! on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

...and my Facebook page for more details about my music!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Maxim-Micic/120570981313151

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very cool tune and very creative. +1 for that.

That said, don't repost the same thing two different places again or I'm deleting both.

drmosh, cut it with the attitude or you're getting a month off to decide whether or not this forum's "shit enough" that you won't mind not being allowed back. That's your only warning.

Reaction score
Very cool tune and very creative. +1 for that.

That said, don't repost the same thing two different places again or I'm deleting both.

drmosh, cut it with the attitude or you're getting a month off to decide whether or not this forum's "shit enough" that you won't mind not being allowed back. That's your only warning.

This is my first forum ever... so I guess it's a "beginner's mistake"...

by he way, I'm glad you like it...

... David

')