First real recording as a band. Feedback, musically or sonically, would be cool.

• Thread starter broleary
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broleary

Bassist/Producer
Reaction score
Just finished up recording this song yesterday. The structure of it kinda sucks, but it was written months ago. Never programmed drums before, but we had to use Drumkit From Hell since I only own a single condenser mic and that probably wouldn't sound great for recording drums. Using Ableton Live and Guitar Rig 5.

Feel free to give some feedback!
Original version:
As Lame As FDR's Legs by broleary on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Version mixed by my friend:
FDR Re-Mastered by Decisione on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

G-Ray

Reaction score
If it was my song i would ditch the bass drops. If thats possible. Keep at it and keep learning. You'll get better at recording and mixing over time. As far as you are right now I think its good for getting song ideas and structures worked out. The hardest thing I've had to learn is EQ'ing and mixing the drums...its still a process. Once you get close your songs will really come to life.

broleary

Bassist/Producer
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback dude. I don't really like the bass drops either. I'll probably mix those out when we do vocals. It's just a demo version as of now, so it'll get better over time.

Any tips for the drums that you've found helpful? I could use a little bit of help for the next couple songs we're recording.

G-Ray

Reaction score
I think the remix your friend did on the drums is good for now. It's a demo for just hashing out song ideas so structure and being tight is whats really important. I never get the drums sounding good until the very last stages when I know the drum,bass,and guitar parts are structured well and I'm happy with the song.

')