First seven (different quetion)

Taerix

Reaction score
So im lookig for a first seven string and I've realized my problem is that.the distance between the strings is bigger than im used to on my sixes so im looking for a neck with about a cm shorter than.a rg7321preferably thinner neck ibanez style maybe a bit thinner I just cant find one any help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
actually with a seven string most of the strings are closer together than they would be on a 6. If they kept the same spacing and added a 7th string the necks would be very wide. The more strings you add the more crowded they will seem.

Taerix

Reaction score
Idk thats what im used to I measured it on my six divided it by 6 and multiplyed by seven. im using th.e rg321 as s refernce since everyone seens familiar with it and measured it onthe 24th fret

Taerix

Reaction score
ive played an RG7321 and it felt WAY too big ive also tried an LTD (but im not sure of the exact model name) same thing but that seems to be the only problem i have with it

McBrain

Reaction score
Idk thats what im used to I measured it on my six divided it by 6 and multiplyed by seven.

Feel free to correct me, but I think the math is wrong.

Measure the distance from E to e on your 6-string and divide it by 5.
Then measure the distance from B to e on your 7-string and divide it by 6.
Then you will have the distance between two strings on both guitars. Compare the two numbers.

But why do you need math to figure this out? You could just use a ruler to measure from E to e on the 7-string.

Taerix

Reaction score
I could be going at this wrong The reason I did it like that is because I. havent seen a spec sheet with distance between strings but ive seen neck width (across) at the 24th fret plus the ruler I used couldnt accurately measure that small of a distance to be able to be precise

Dooky

Reaction score
And you've posted this question in the standard guitars section because...?:scratch:

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Feel free to correct me, but I think the math is wrong.

Measure the distance from E to e on your 6-string and divide it by 5.
Then measure the distance from B to e on your 7-string and divide it by 6.
Then you will have the distance between two strings on both guitars. Compare the two numbers.

But why do you need math to figure this out? You could just use a ruler to measure from E to e on the 7-string.

or you just measure from the E to the A on both and avoid the math all together. :wallbash:

if you don't have a ruler, just print out a sheet of paper with a bunch of lines on it since you are looking to see if they are the same spacing it won't matter that their isn't a specific unit attached.

McBrain

Reaction score
or you just measure from the E to the A on both and avoid the math all together. :wallbash:

My main point was that he should divide by 5 and 6 instead of 6 and 7.

The reason for the math is that unless you have a good ruler and perfect viewing angle, then you will most likely get a more precise number by measuring across six strings and dividing.

Latest posts

')