First Seven..

• Thread starter Ahole
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't order from Musik Produktiv!! A few friends of mine have been waiting for their order for over two months and they had a hard time getting in contact with them. They might be cheaper but I wouldn't even consider them. Thomann has never given anyone I know any trouble.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ahole

Reaction score
Alpo said:
Don't order from Musik Produktiv!! A few friends of mine have been waiting for their order for over two months and they had a hard time getting in contact with them. They might be cheaper but I wouldn't even consider them. Thomann has never given anyone I know any trouble.
Ahh, okay, I'll stay away from them, then...but couldn't it be because the stuff they ordered wasn't in stock?
I've read about Musik Produktiv on a swedish forum, and most people recommend them, IF they have what you're ordering in stock...

Ryan

Reaction score
I know you can haggle with Musik Börsen. I got my UV777pbk from MB Gbg for like 16000 SEK. They cant usually sell a lot of UVs there (or in sweden in general, cause it is uberexpensive) so they tend to cut deals to move em out ;D Or you can check Vendolin.se theres almost always something interesting on there.

O yah! should also check guitarbargains.com. They have new 1527s with free case for 6,995 SEK. Thats the same price as a new 7321 in sweden.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Seriously, Ahole (very poetic name BTW) get a J-Custom from Ikebe. The prices of Ibanez guitars in both Sweden and Denmark are so ridiculous, that there really isn't any good reason not to import the stuff yourself - and get something a bit more special than the standard Ibanez stuff in the process.

My Ikebe HRG7 cost me less than what I'd pay for a bog standard 1527 in Denmark - and that's after shipping and customs!!!

Check out this cool J-Custom 7 on sale:
56517_b.gif

It would "only" set you back around 1400$ before shipping and customs... and would probably be just about the only one of its kind in your neck of the woods. Even with shipping and customs, this baby would stay well within your budget - and be a hell of a lot cooler than the UV777.

Cheers

Eske

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Ahole:

1) Do you know what that means to an American? A-hole is how you get asshole past the censors. Since I seriously doubt that was what you were going for, mind telling an uneducated pissant, such as myself, what it means? :lol:

2) Do you know any small builders in Sweeden? It seems to me you could get a great playing/sounding instrument, built with much better tonewoods, for a modest price, as long as you take it easy on the big ticket options (figured wood, elaborate inlays, custom paintjobs).

If duty is 30% of value, you could get a KxK for around $1900, and I guarantee you it will smoke an Ibanez. There has to be small builders somewhere in your country. Have you tried looking through magazines and news papers? Have you tried asking around at the local music stores?

Here is a luthier school I found on Google located in Sweden. At least I think, since I can't read it. :lol: Look for luthier schools that teach electric guitar building, and give them a call. I guanratee you every single one of the instructors has his own business building and selling guitars. If they are out of your price range, ask them to refer you to a graduate of the school. If they are still out of your price range, ask to speak to a promising student. Trust me, the faculty of a school is going to want encourage the behavior of buying from small builders, and will probably be more than happy to help you get something in your budget.

Ahole

Reaction score
Pablo said:
Seriously, Ahole (very poetic name BTW) get a J-Custom from Ikebe. The prices of Ibanez guitars in both Sweden and Denmark are so ridiculous, that there really isn't any good reason not to import the stuff yourself - and get something a bit more special than the standard Ibanez stuff in the process.

My Ikebe HRG7 cost me less than what I'd pay for a bog standard 1527 in Denmark - and that's after shipping and customs!!!

Check out this cool J-Custom 7 on sale:
56517_b.gif

It would "only" set you back around 1400$ before shipping and customs... and would probably be just about the only one of its kind in your neck of the woods. Even with shipping and customs, this baby would stay well within your budget - and be a hell of a lot cooler than the UV777.

Cheers

Eske

Where can i find one of those?

noodles said:
Ahole:

1) Do you know what that means to an American? A-hole is how you get asshole past the censors. Since I seriously doubt that was what you were going for, mind telling an uneducated pissant, such as myself, what it means? :lol:
Yep, that's exactly what i was going for.

Ryan

Reaction score
Ryan said:
I wouldnt spend all that money just because you can. If i was you, I'd buy a 1527 and put some extra cash in modding it. EMGS or Dimarzios, cliplock strap, bobbins (if you like that), tremol-no, a nice setup (if you cant yourself), blah blah, you'll probably spend around/over a $1000 in the end and have a very sweet 7. Or if you must blow all your crowns, go to Ikebe and try to get a J Custom 7!

Be careful, they have uber sexy rare ibanez 7's there. You might end up selling everything you own :/

Ahole

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Be careful, they have uber sexy rare ibanez 7's there. You might end up selling everything you own :/
Haha, that wouldn't bother me at all, since all i own is a Squier Strat, this'll be my first good guitar.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
you could get a KxK for around $1900, and I guarantee you it will smoke an Ibanez.

*the statement made above does not necesserialy represent the opinion of sevenstring.org*

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
*the statement made above does not necesserialy represent the opinion of sevenstring.org*

:lol:

Ken, you douchebag. That's why I said I guarantee it, not sevenstring.org guarantees it.

')