First track for my band So Far & Until. AXE FX II, EBMM JP6, Ibanez BTB

lecorff

Reaction score
Hey there fellow forum members!

Just wanted to share the first single that will be featured on my bands upcoming short play.

This is an old song of mine that we have been playing for a while live now and that has seen many modifications. It is part of a trilogy, but I believe it still has it's place on its own :hbang:

I am happy that we're almost done with this short play as it means that I will have more time to work on new material as I am the one handling the mixing and mastering (for this song at least).

On to the technicalities:

I recorded the guitar tracks using my EBMM JP6 through my Axe FX II.

The Bass is an Ibanez BTB that was also recorded through my Axe FX, but just for the DI signal. Bass tone is all post-processing.

The drums on this are Superior Drummer 2.0 with The Metal Foundry.

I would really appreciate any comment on the songwriting, mixing, anything really.

Please give us a like if you enjoy what you hear!

https://www.facebook.com/SoFarAndUntil

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/sofaranduntil/denial-single[/SC]

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lecorff

Reaction score
Hey guys. Constructive comments on the mix would really be appreciated. I'm trying to get the more feedback possible before we release the official version as part of our upcoming Short Play.

Comment right here or on soundcloud!

I'm sure a lot of you could provide me with great feedback so that I can enhance this song!

Thanks!

imgarrett

Reaction score
mix is really bass heavy, lead could be raised as it's lost in the rest of the mix. Snare could be lowered a few db's as well as the snare sounds the same through out the whole song I feel theres no dynamics to it.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
i feel like the playing is really rushed, try to be more in line with a metronome or the drum tracks. I dig the song composition a lot actually. and the leads need to come up a bit.

imgarrett

Reaction score
i feel like the playing is really rushed, try to be more in line with a metronome or the drum tracks. I dig the song composition a lot actually. and the leads need to come up a bit.

yeah I kinda feel that way too now that you mention that, the playing is really loose with the tempo. Could be tighter.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Totally agreed on the snare, but I'm really kinda digging the push on the tempo. I like the songwriting a lot, cheers! The only thing I'd say besides bringing the snare down and giving it more dynamics, is the bass and guitar tone seem to clash a bit around the high mids. Maybe try to carve that out a bit with some EQ.

lecorff

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just thought I'd give you a kinda updated version. I just did a few tweaks on my mix after reading your comments and listening to it in a few more diverse environments.

You can hear the latest version on this playthrough of the song!

')