Fishman Fluence battery pack never fully charging?

imalrightjack

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced this? Just got a used guitar with a pack in and it's still on red MANY hours after plugging it in :(

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've never owned Fishmans, but this has happened to me a few times with other rechargeable devices. I'm not sure if it's the charge controller in the battery or the cells themselves, but the only fix I'm aware of it to replace the battery pack, unfortunately.

It wouldn't hurt to contact Fishman to see if they can help you troubleshoot or maybe offer a replacement.

juka

Reaction score
I have the universal battery pack in 2 of my guitars and I can well remember that the first charge seemed to take "many hours" too. Lack of experience and impatience can really stretch the time ;-)
Meanwhile I simply plug it in over night whenever needed and am always surprised how fast the LED turns into green if I just leave it be and do not check it every minute.

Last edited:

juka

Reaction score
Which is not to say that your unit might not be defective from the start, because in my experience Fishman final quality control isn't the best and they obviously have people at the production line that either don't know what they are actually doing or simply don't care :-(

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
I used the classic Fluence set with the Li-ion pack in one of my guitars. It was charging very slow to begin with, but the battery lifetime was a complete joke. Sound was OKish, but nothing to write home about. Ripped the system out of that guitar and never looked back. Seems like I wasn't the only one when looking at the market price drop of the Fluence pickups over the last years.

imalrightjack

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Meanwhile I simply plug it in over night whenever needed and am always surprised how fast the LED turns into green if I just leave it be and do not check it every minute.
Wisdom! It finally charged overnight! Not sure if I'm imagining it but they sound better...