Fishman Fluence Voice 3 question.

• Thread starter gh0styboi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
Hey, all.

So I have Fishmans in my Ibanez 7 string, and I'm gonna swap them for the Tosin set, which seems like it'll have a less... strident midrange than the Ceramic Moderns, and less output as well, which I'm after.

My question is this - the guitar I've got has a single volume knob and 3 way toggle. I don't want to drill any holes and I don't want to modify the body. Would it be possible to wire these pickups so that the push/pull volume pot runs Voice 1 when down and the single coil Voice 3 when pulled up? I'm no stranger to wiring up a set of pickups, but I'm not as familiar with these voicing options and how to wire them as I am with normal pickups.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

madrigal77

Reaction score
I don’t have anything to add other than:

IMG-7257.jpg

oversteve

Reaction score
It's pretty easy and won't even need any soldering, when you remove the pickup besides the regular 3-pin you have a 4-pin connector with 2 metal pins inside it, take some needle and push out those pins and swap them and you'll have voice 3 instead of voice 2 on your push pot. Or you can simply flip the connector upside down, just be sure to mount it with 1-pin offset so that the wires still go to those pins on the pickup (pins 1 and 3 from inside to outside pickup).
There's a possibility you will have a 2- or 1-pin connector instead of 4-pin, that will simply mean that you have to move it from 1st pickup pin to 3rd
20220705-195417656-i-OS[1].jpg

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
Yes, you can do this. Voice 1 is the default mode on the pickups. There's a pin to activate single coil mode. You'd just need to wire so that this single coil pin goes to ground when your push/pull pot is in the up position.
It's pretty easy and won't even need any soldering, when you remove the pickup besides the regular 3-pin you have a 4-pin connector with 2 metal pins inside it, take some needle and push out those pins and swap them and you'll have voice 3 instead of voice 2 on your push pot. Or you can simply flip the connector upside down, just be sure to mount it with 1-pin offset so that the wires still go to those pins on the pickup (pins 1 and 3 from inside to outside pickup).
There's a possibility you will have a 2- or 1-pin connector instead of 4-pin, that will simply mean that you have to move it from 1st pickup pin to 3rd
View attachment 146598

Awesome, thank you both! This is exactly the info I was after. :cheers:

Latest posts

')