Fishman Tune-O-Matic PowerBridge

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
I've never been one to trick out my guitars but I want to get me an LP style guitar and throw one of these sons of bitches on there.

The two guitars in consideration are either and ESP Eclipse II or a Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe/Elite.

I am kind of leaning towards the ravelle elite. Its bigger, chucnkier, and more like a gibbo thant the ESP; the esp is more like a superstrat shaped like a gibbo. this would intail chucking the sustainer and throwing a SD '59 in the neck, the PowerBridge and Powerchip, and probably routing for a stereo jack to isolate the Powerbridge signal to a seperate acoustic rig. considering the Elite because it already has an enlarge control cavity to accomodate the sustainers guts, provide ample room for any onboard preamp i may choose, and also has a 9v access point allready routed to the body(PowerChip needs a 9v) all which would require little or no routing to accomodate these mods.

Does this sound feasible?

on a side note...would it be easier to bypass all this trouble and just use an acoustic simulator pedal?

lets have some feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A piezo is going to sound much better than an acoustic simulator pedal in my experience.

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
ive had ecperience with only one piezo equipped guitar. it was a parker, like the p-42 or something like that. it was a fly shaped guitar with a strait setup and a wilki/fishman bridge i do believe. At the time i really didnt care for the sound...but then again at the time i like it a little more hard and heavy and "acoustic" tones were blah. cant say i remember exactly what she sounded like though...

I just know i want a kick ass electric that can give me a real sounding acoustic tone when i need it or something i can create hybrid mag/piezo sounds with...

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's worth noting that a piezo is going to sound like crap through a guitar amp anyway. To get the most out of it, you need to run it through an acoustic amp or at least through a good DI box and into a PA.

And if you're going to rip out the Sustainer anyway, why not just get a Ravelle Deluxe instead of the Elite? It seems like a lot of expense just to get a larger control cavity (which, BTW, will be shaped to accommodate the Sustainer's guts). The GraphTech preamps aren't too big, and getting a battery box installed shouldn't be a big deal.

')