Five-string guitar

maniac mikej

Reaction score
[myspacevid]9174697[/myspacevid]
His tone is horrid... not to mention that he seems to be playing out of time (or is that just me? :lol:)
Also, why would any guitarist want to be called Maestro... even Yngwie doesn't do that.

He looks like an 80's coked-out Andy Dick. And whatever the hell he's trying to play, is dildos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scapegoat

Scapegoat
Reaction score
Clearly superior. Maths are bad for our beloved Maestro.
This patent is written like this guy is in the 3rd grade.

OMFG!!! What a childish slur! I mean, you must be kidding me. The guy who wrote the patent has a PhD, and it was clearly good enough for the US government.

Sounds to me like you are the one who needs to get an education, little boy!

Scapegoat

Scapegoat
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but who is Alex Gregory?

Gregory was the first person to invent a 7 String Electric Guitar in the mid 1980s. There were acoustic 7 Strings before that, but no one had apparently ever thought to do an electric 7 string. I read that he did it because he wanted to do violin pieces on guitar. He has invented a bunch of other instruments as well. I am a huge Maestro Alex Gregory fan. He is a very talented guitar shredder.

By the way, he doesn't "call himself" maestro. He was titled "Maestro" by Queen Elizabeth in recognition of his work as a musical composer. :cool: From what I understand, he used to do a lot of work on British public television.

Funny thing is that for a while Yngwie was going around calling himself "his royal highness" but he had no actual claim to the title!

whisper

Reaction score
for the particular piece played, I wish was not distorted, hard to tell whats going on with distortion.

Setnakt

il Brutto
Reaction score
OMFG!!! What a childish slur! I mean, you must be kidding me. The guy who wrote the patent has a PhD, and it was clearly good enough for the US government.

Sounds to me like you are the one who needs to get an education, little boy!
I suppose it's analogous to doctors who have illegible handwriting. PhD or not, maybe he's having a bad day or trying to talk down to stupid people. Either way it's not very eloquent language and it feels very clumsy to read and the arguments are not logically convincing.

Anyway, I looked over my own post, and I didn't see anything that resembled a slur, childish or otherwise...little boy.

it was clearly good enough for the US government.
I mean, are you just being really sarcastic here?
Lots of things are good enough for the US government that are just totally off-the-wall stupid.

EBH Jaymz

Reaction score
i have a celloblaster. love it. schecter A-5x. i'll put some pics up in a bit. it really changed the way i approached rhythm and layering parts. also "forced" me to got the other way and experiment with "nashville" tuning. bottom 4 strings are the octave strings from a 12 string set tuned up the octave they should be.

Deadseen

Reaction score
Gregory was the first person to invent a 7 String Electric Guitar in the mid 1980s. There were acoustic 7 Strings before that, but no one had apparently ever thought to do an electric 7 string. I read that he did it because he wanted to do violin pieces on guitar. He has invented a bunch of other instruments as well. I am a huge Maestro Alex Gregory fan. He is a very talented guitar shredder.

By the way, he doesn't "call himself" maestro. He was titled "Maestro" by Queen Elizabeth in recognition of his work as a musical composer. :cool: From what I understand, he used to do a lot of work on British public television.

Funny thing is that for a while Yngwie was going around calling himself "his royal highness" but he had no actual claim to the title!

There has been electric 7-strings since the 30ths

George Van Eps - great jazz guitarists

Reaction score
necrobump for the grand daddy of Schecter 5 Strings...
this is the FIRST, Cello Blaster Serial Number 1, built by Schecter Custom Shop USA in 1998 !
cb01.jpg

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dan Swano used a five string guitar on the Bloodbath Wacken Carnage DVD. It sounded pretty thick. I don't know though, not sure I'd take a five string over a 6 or 7? :scratch:
Idk about in Bloodbath, but he recorded Edge of Sanity's Crimson II using a 5 string baritone.

')