Fix a Cracked China???

• Thread starter eventhetrees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whitechapel7

Reaction score
for 30 bucks i would personally just turn it into an effect cymbal, as mentioned above. just dont weld/solder it :noplease:. my friend did that to his Meinl 22" heavy bell ride, and it sounded like shit afterwords. and depending on the cymbals you use, i love the sound of my Meinl mb20 rock chinas, which Alex Lopez (Suicide Silence) and Ben Harclerode (Whitechapel) use. but they are kinda expensive. hope it helps:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
if you want to fuck your cymbal up, go for it. not to be a dick. it was what i thought once, and a friend actually did it.
Do you happen to recall what process was followed? If you preheat the cymbal, I dont foresee it being to terrible.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
for 30 bucks i would personally just turn it into an effect cymbal, as mentioned above. just dont weld/solder it :noplease:. my friend did that to his Meinl 22" heavy bell ride, and it sounded like shit afterwords. and depending on the cymbals you use, i love the sound of my Meinl mb20 rock chinas, which Alex Lopez (Suicide Silence) and Ben Harclerode (Whitechapel) use. but they are kinda expensive. hope it helps:metal:

I finally put it on a kit. It sounds excellent actually, crack doesn't bother me other than the fact itll get worse. Once it breaks I'll just stack it!

DGKarehere

french dude, Brian
Reaction score
I just tried Tobi's solution for my mini china AAX that cracked the same way. I would say it no longer sounds good but it's better than with the crack. I will use it as an effect cymbal but not as a china since this cymbal was only 14". I got this cracked cymbal for free so I didn't care trying it :rolleyes:

Latest posts

')