Fixed Edge type bridge for 7?

• Thread starter AxeGuru
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeGuru

Reaction score
Hey ppl

Seeing that Ibanez only build a fixed edge for the Mick Thomson sig and the RG2228. Does anyone know of a company that build somthing similar for a seven?. I see Kahler have somthing along the same vein as the fixed edge, but i'm not sure about it? (+ i cant find a seven version for that either), what's people's opinion on there stuff?.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
there was a thread very recently aobut getting a bridge milled with fine tuners. i think Warrior Of Metal had gotten some info he should post soon

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kahler is open to custom bridges, albeit at a higher cost, but I think they'd make a fixed 7 bridge with fine tuners.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or you can buy a Kahler trem and tighten the screw that locks it in place... probably much cheaper than a custom bridge :agreed:

AxeGuru

Reaction score
That was exciting for a minute! It doesn't have fine tuners though. Only adjustments for intonation. It's pretty cool though. They even have a version with piezos in the saddles. D Guitar Parts: Locking Tremolo

SRS

Thanks for ya info guys. Basically I own an RG7321 and i'm getting a new neck built (30") for it to hold a tight bright F# and the next phase is to get a bridge that'll have stability for such a tuning and (to quote ibanez:squint: "simplicity sustain and full tone of a fixed-bridge" I.E. somthing like the Edge FX, cant be asked to buy a Lo Pro and having to block the trem:wallbash: !, could always buy a tremol-no i guess. I havent got a reply from kahler yet regarding a custom, Any ibanez endorsees here wanna quote me a price for an Edge FX 7?:lol: .

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think a couple of Ibanez artists (Dino Cazares?) had customs made with the stud-mount Edge FX 7-string bridge. These would have probably been hand-made either at LACS or in the J-Custom factory.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
darren is right ,those were LACS only bridges,never sold as spares. same design as in MTM1 and JS2000 model

DSC09115.jpg

thedownside

Reaction score
i've thought about buying a 7620 or similar and filling the bridge cavity except for exactly the room for a lo-pro or something... basically just slide the bridge in, adjust the height and good to go. should be similar shouldnt it?

AxeGuru

Reaction score
I think a couple of Ibanez artists (Dino Cazares?) had customs made with the stud-mount Edge FX 7-string bridge. These would have probably been hand-made either at LACS or in the J-Custom factory.
Pretty sure Dino only has em mounted on his custom Xiphos, the RGA7's? and of course the RG2228. his regular RG LACS have Lo Pros i think?.

darren is right ,those were LACS only bridges,never sold as spares. same design as in MTM1 and JS2000 model

DSC09115.jpg

:eek:, Is that yours nikt?, if so: how much :mrburns: (for the hole thing that is!)

')