Flame Maple Top I got on ebay for my Custom.

• Thread starter JPMDan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
well I talked to chris woods and he didn't have anything that appealed to me so I went and searched on ebay to see what they have and low and behold I found a very nicely grained flame maple top. Dimensions are 23 3/8" Long x 14 1/2" Wide x 1" thick. What do you guys think of it?

flamemapleb.jpg

flamemaplea.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
you need around 12-14 inches wide total with both woods and a big enough length to do the body. Thickness does matter atleast I think so.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I find strats to be a bit bulkier than RG's so you might be able to get a RG out of it, are you having chris woods build you one too? Just show it to him and he'll tell you if it will work.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
Chris Woods can definitely do that for you, may have to send your body to him so he can copy it. it's probably about 230 dollars to have that done not sure if you want to put a finish on it though.

Seriously...no bullshit!? I get my Ibby RG8 soon, but I don't want a basswood body as I won't be using active pups and I want GOOD tone...I REALLY want that finish.....natural, yes. Natural mahogany w/an un-filled burlwood top = BETTER THAN SEX!

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
send him an email and he'll let you know what he can do for you. Might cost a bit more since he doesnt have RG8 body program in his CNC.

')