Flaxwood Guitars now available at The Axe Palace !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

*nod*

I added the pics to the original post, and what the hell here too! :fawk:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
I find all black guitars boring, but the finish on this beauty is really compelling. Gorgeous!

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
I'm GASsing so hard for a Rautia.

Nick, give us some vids please!!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey guys check out this gorgeous Redburst Rautia I just got in (and some bonus pics)!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

flax_fly2.jpg

flax_fly.jpg

I'll make a more thorough gallery for it when I put it up for sale on the website/here/elsewhere. That's my friend Jonah playing the guitar by the way not me. We were flipping out over this thing last night. Sounds so fucking amazing, perfect setup as well. I need one of these for myself!

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Those look alright despite having a shape I don't really get on with, but I think I'd rather have that Parker if I was going for a light, ergonomic alternate-materials guitar :D

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Those look alright, but (despite not having played one) I'd rather have that Parker if I was going for a light, ergonomic alternate-materials guitar :D

It destroys the Parker IMO. Despite being a fraction of the price, I feel they sound much better and play just as well. If you played a Flaxwood I think you'd love it :)

vontetzianos

Reaction score
This is just for anyone considering having a 24-fret model made by their custom shop. I emailed them a few weeks ago and here's the response

Hi Alex,

24 frets is possible, but would affect the design of the guitar quite a lot. We come to the problem with injection-molding and the fact that we don’t – yet – have the resources to have as many different molds as we’d like because they cost insane amounts of money (in the ballpark of hundreds of thousands).

The molds we use to cast the bodies into shape have the pickup cavities set already, and the neck shapes and scale lengths are also set. The neck itself facilitates the addition of two extra frets, but they would have to be added on the expense of good reach to them, as the neck would be attached to the body exactly as it would on a 22 fret model; in other words, the ‘fretboard’ part of the FW neck would just go on an extra bit longer, but the body would be the exact same shape as on regular 22 fret models, so for instance the cutaway would not be any deeper. This would also mean that the original neck pickup cavity would have to be refilled first, then a new one would have to be cut into the body. This, in turn would leave some cosmetic inconsistencies to the body, meaning that the burst finishes are basically out of the question – the guitar would have to be painted with a solid color (Kulta gold, for instance).

Best regards,

Jussi Reijonen

buffa d

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to try a goldtop liekki once.
...And that thing was the shit! The feel of the neck was amazing and the guitar had a really nice resonance to it. Too bad I didn't have the time to play it through an amp. I would've really wanted to see how it sounds with overdrive.

God how I want a "karpalo" Rautia :D

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
My WORD That Aija is a disgustingly tasteful guitar..

What with the being semi-hollow and very loud acousically, do they actually 'do' metal? Like, tight high gain stuff? The demo on the Flaxwood site includes a fairly low gain example, not a tone I'd be interested in using, personally.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
The Aija can do metal fine, and the acoustically loud sound and sustain is pretty incredible. makes me think of the scene in Spinal Tap where Nigel is like " you can hold that note and it sustains for days , you can go have a bite and come back and it will still be going"

It's alittle on the bright side but nothing you can adjust with your amp settings.

I'm not really big on EMG's these days but they sound pretty good in the Aija I have. I'd still be curious to hear some Bare Knuckles in it though. I think that would give it some really cool tone and bite over the actives.

Sadly ,mine is up for sale in the classifieds as my financial situation isn't great and I really should thin the herd.

')