Fleetwood Mac Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter ILuvPillows
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that we are in sore need of a Fleetwood mac thread. So, without further delay I bring you 'The Fleetwood Mac Appreciation Thread'. Discuss all things Fleetwood Mac from their self titled debut, Rumours, live albums and beyond!
fleetwood-mac-rumours1.jpeg

imgres

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thedonal

Reaction score
Rumours is a cracking album. Really is.

Though I do prefer the Peter Green era.

Mexi

Reaction score
I grew up with this fleetwood mac's greatest hits album throughout my childhood. lovely music

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Brilliant music, sweet sweet harmonies, and Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most underrated guitarists ever

HK_Derek

Bass Player.
Reaction score
Brilliant.

John McVie is the master at being a melodically involved bassist without walking all over the vocal lines.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Just a wonderful, wonderful pop song, from the time when pop music was still played by people who cared about the music and not just the money.

nsimonsen

Reaction score
Fleetwood Mac, Neil Young and Bruce Springstein were the music of my upbringing.
Thankful for having parents with such an impeccable music taste that inspired me to be a musician.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Great band! The drama in this band makes Van Halen look like a Sunday morning church service.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I seriously think "Little Lies" would make a great Metal cover. Tried doing it with one of my old bands, didn't go over :(

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Brilliant music, sweet sweet harmonies, and Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most underrated guitarists ever

:agreed: What makes him so good is his fingerstyle playing. He can sound like an awesome ensemble all by himself.

But this thread is also lacking some Peter Green era Mac.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
I bought the Rumours reboot live album "an evening with" or something like that, for my dad's birthday present, when I was 15. The Chain was the heaviest thing I'd ever heard...

That changed pretty quickly! :metal:

Recently I picked up a greatest hits and was devastated at the quality. I'd been used to hearing the Rumours reboot versions from the live record, recorded in the 90's. It appears they developed a lot of the songs for their live show, compared to the almost demo like quality of the studio versions.
I guess every song has a right to evolve over 25 years, though. :rofl:

Fleetwood Mac, every psychologists favourite band. :rofl:

Pete Green was the best, though. Watched a wierd documentary were Mick and Mac talked about Pete's "dose", when he was spiked by a cult in Germany.
Very bizarre stuff.

That documentary... :scratch:

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Damn, this thread hits close to home. My biggest inspiration for playing music was my mom, and she used to front and play guitar in a couple of hard rock and hair metal bands back in the 80's and 90's. They did a ton of FM covers, and because my mom was such a spitting image of Stevie Nicks both visually and vocally, she even got asked to join a touring group of impersonators. When I was a kid, I didn't know that my mom wasn't Stevie Nicks when she would play and sing for me to put me to sleep lol. Sadly, her health took a turn for the worse in the late 90's and she's had to practically give up playing and singing altogether. If you wanna see a grown man get all sentimental, put on a Fleetwood Mac album at my house lol.

')