Floyd Rose Pro machining problems? Known Issue?

• Thread starter pipelineaudio
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pipelineaudio

Reaction score
I have a problem with my new Floyd Rose Pro tremolo. As seen in the pictures below, I have replaced a Floyd Rose 1000 SE 7 string model with the Floyd Rose pro 7 string model.
With the new Pro, the string is extremely, and disturbingly close to the edge of the fretboard. In the two pictures, the top will be the 1000SE and the bottom the Pro I just received. The string can be seen about 1mm closer to the edge of the fretboard on the Pro vs the 1000SE

Could this unit have been machined wrong? Is there anything I can do? The side to side of the route for the Floyd is pretty tight. Even if it could be done, moving the posts might be too close.

Please advise what I can do. I know 1mm doesn't sound like much, but its the difference between the string falling off the edge and not for me

2DpBRJw.jpg
0gKtp7k.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Pro series has different string spacing, no real error.

Edika

Reaction score
On paper the Floyd Rose brass block I had would fit the Import 7 string Floyd Rose I had and it was verified by Floyd Rose customer service. The holes on the base plate were wider than the Floyd block lol!

So I'm not surprised there is variation of the Floyd Pro spacing vs the OFR or 1000 series.

')