Floyd rose problem (help plz)

• Thread starter The-Zeronaut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The-Zeronaut

Reaction score
So i removed the floyd to clean it and removed every saddle
now its so fucking clean and shiny XD but i think i put the saddles in a "wrong order"...so now some saddles are more higher than the others and i cant fucking intonate the Low E string (no problem with the other strings)
but it seems that every string has a different height

What can i do? or how can i do to know the exact place of each saddle?

(sorry for me shitty english)

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebhef

King....of....Mountn
Contributor
Reaction score
If the strings don't match the radius of your fretboard, you could have some strings buzzing constantly or just whenever you pull up on the trem. You'll probably have to take the saddles off again and compare their heights just sitting on a flat surface before putting them back on. When they go back on, they should go back on so that the strings match the radius of the board, or at least have a similar shape (lower on the outside, higher in the middle). You could also get shims to put under the saddles, but it would probably be wise to make sure the saddles are in the right places, first. As for how the saddles should be put in order, I would think that the shortest saddles would go on the outer edges, and the taller ones go in the center. They might be made to account for string gauge, though, so I'm not 100% sure on that.

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
they should have numbers on the bottom of the saddle, either as numerals, dots, or lines. they'll probably go from 0-2 or 1-3. the lowest number goes on the outside, and the highest goes in the middle.