Floyd rose special.

• Thread starter nocareever
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nocareever

Reaction score
what do you think of it?
does anyone have that thing installed?
74088723.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
I have one stock on my LTD.

Personally I think it is damn good and stays in tune very well
When I do use the whammy bar I tend to go all out on it and do some crazy stuff but its not all the time that I do that. After abusing it, I mean picking the guitar up by the bar itself an lifting it in the air.
After all that abuse it stayed in tune almost perfectly and i'm a perfectionist when it comes to tuning and how my guitar is set up.

I would definitely say buy one or get one.
its better than a licensed for sure

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
looks to be missing a little something "special" in it's design... :squint::squint:

nocareever

Reaction score
i thought it was ''special'' as in ''special olympics'' HAHAHA:lol:

it comes stock on the guitar i want:
schecter demon 7 fr
cant wait , it'll be my first seven string and first flloyd

MacTown09

Reaction score

schecter demon 7 fr

Congrats on gettin a new guitar man! Be sure to read up on settin those things up and changing those strings or your first time is gonna be more painful than unpracticed anal sex. Enjoy the new guitar man! :shred:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score

schecter demon 7 fr

don't forgot to post some pics when it arrives!! :hbang:

GPDUSA

Reaction score
I have one stock on my LTD.

Personally I think it is damn good and stays in tune very well
When I do use the whammy bar I tend to go all out on it and do some crazy stuff but its not all the time that I do that. After abusing it, I mean picking the guitar up by the bar itself an lifting it in the air.
After all that abuse it stayed in tune almost perfectly and i'm a perfectionist when it comes to tuning and how my guitar is set up.

I would definitely say buy one or get one.
its better than a licensed for sure

The Floyd Specials are great, same specs as an Original Floyd. We've sold a ton of them and everybody likes 'em!

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I didn't know a seven string version was made. I'd love to get one in antique bronze...

Where would I be able to buy a seven string one? I can only find the sixes.

GPDUSA

Reaction score
I didn't know a seven string version was made. I'd love to get one in antique bronze...

Where would I be able to buy a seven string one? I can only find the sixes.

Dragon, I'll check and see if we can get 7 string Specials. Give me a few days to find out and I'll let you know.

zappatton2

Reaction score
What makes the special so special? It doesn't look any different from any of the Floyd's I've owned. I think FR should get in bed with GraphTech and start release OFR piezo bridges, that would be awesome (not that the GraphTech version is terrible, I've got one and it works as well as the OFR it replaced).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What makes the special so special? It doesn't look any different from any of the Floyd's I've owned. I think FR should get in bed with GraphTech and start release OFR piezo bridges, that would be awesome (not that the GraphTech version is terrible, I've got one and it works as well as the OFR it replaced).

They just named it "Special" because it sounds positive. It's just a Chinese made version that's actually licensed as "Floyd Rose". Same design as the German made "OFR". Not saying that as a bad thing, it's just the truth.

Floyd Rose is now owned by Fender, so I don't see them branching out too much anymore.

GPDUSA

Reaction score
Found out that the Floyd Specials will be the new stock bridge in guitars like ESP/LTD, Schecter, etc. The Licensed Floyd's are not going to be made anymore, we have some left but once they're gone we will not be able to get those anymore.

Sounds like someone else needs to start manufacturing Licensed Floyd's, if anybody needs one down the road they'll be very hard to find. :ugh:

GPDUSA

Reaction score
Dragon, I'll check and see if we can get 7 string Specials. Give me a few days to find out and I'll let you know.

Dragonblade,

They do make 7 string Floyd Specials, I'm waiting to find out how much they are and I'll let you know, they're available in all colors so you can PM me and let me know what color you're looking for.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found out that the Floyd Specials will be the new stock bridge in guitars like ESP/LTD, Schecter, etc. The Licensed Floyd's are not going to be made anymore, we have some left but once they're gone we will not be able to get those anymore.

Sounds like someone else needs to start manufacturing Licensed Floyd's, if anybody needs one down the road they'll be very hard to find. :ugh:

Dozens of makers are still utilizing non-Floyd Rose branded units. I don't see Schaller or Gotoh stopping any time soon, nor has Ping or Takeuchi. As for 7-string units, Gotoh, Ping, and Takeuchi all make OEM units (Gotoh has the Edge Pro 7 and Lo-Pro 7, Ping has units made for Dean and Carvin, and Takeuchi has the TRS 7Pro).

I don't think it's ever going to be difficult to get a hold of locking trems, both cheaper and nicer ones. It's not 1989.

Fender might be able to stop some makers out there (not entirely sure how seeing as FR's patents have run their course), but won't be able to touch the foreign ones as easily, which happens to be all of them. :lol:

GPDUSA

Reaction score
Dozens of makers are still utilizing non-Floyd Rose branded units. I don't see Schaller or Gotoh stopping any time soon, nor has Ping or Takeuchi. As for 7-string units, Gotoh, Ping, and Takeuchi all make OEM units (Gotoh has the Edge Pro 7 and Lo-Pro 7, Ping has units made for Dean and Carvin, and Takeuchi has the TRS 7Pro).

I don't think it's ever going to be difficult to get a hold of locking trems, both cheaper and nicer ones. It's not 1989.

Fender might be able to stop some makers out there (not entirely sure how seeing as FR's patents have run their course), but won't be able to touch the foreign ones as easily, which happens to be all of them. :lol:

Sorry, should have said that the cheaper Korean version is the one no longer being made. Of course brands like Gotoh, Schaller, etc. will keep making trems of all kinds, I just meant that the 'more affordable' option that a lot of our customers liked is gone. I'm sure someone overseas will pick up on this (hopefully) and start producing more "Licensed" Floyd's.

Reaction score
I love these things. Got a lincensed floyd rose on my douglas, stock. Took me forever to figure it out but I finally gave up, searched ss.org for it and had it ready in about 20 minutes. Easy as hell to set up once you understand it. Not very good if you change tunings a lot.

')