Floydupgrades.com brass spring blocks???

• Thread starter Ostia Man
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
IbanezBlocks_lrg_2.jpg

"You asked for it, you got it! After many requests and some spec help from my end users (thanks Seth!), FloydUpgrades is proud to release our brass BIG BLOCK for the
Ibanez Edge tremolo. Made from the same high end bell brass as our Floyd replacement blocks, this block will make your Ibanez bridge come to life! For increased sustain,
warmth, singing highs, clear mids and nice round lows this block upgrade is for you"

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=195
how cool is that?
have anyone tried this? does it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Still waiting for the postman to deliver one of these, very interested to see what happens.

Kemra

Reaction score
Are these compatible with a Tremol-No?

From what I've read on the Tremol-No Forums they are, but I'd wait for someone to try it 1st to make sure.

If it does work though one of these and a Tremol-No might be on the cards for my K7...:hbang:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Are these actually worth the coin? Also, which ones do you buy? I see 3 sizes, 32, 37, and 42 mm.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Are these actually worth the coin? Also, which ones do you buy? I see 3 sizes, 32, 37, and 42 mm.

32 is probably closer to an S trem's block, 37 would probably be a recessed LoPro, and 42 would likely be top mounted. I'd measure the stock LoPro block and pick which one is closest.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be buying for an OFR. Is the measurement depth of the block (length, ie if you get this measurement too big, the back cover may not fit) or width (parallel to the springs)?

And has anyone used any of these blocks before and can say that they do in fact make a significant upgrade?

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be buying for an OFR. Is the measurement depth of the block (length, ie if you get this measurement too big, the back cover may not fit) or width (parallel to the springs)?

And has anyone used any of these blocks before and can say that they do in fact make a significant upgrade?

Depth. I haven't had the chance to use the one in my shop, as I haven't finished the guitar it is for yet, but plenty of people have used these, and say they make quite a bit of difference. Sustain will be the biggest one, since you are adding mass to an anchor point of the string.

Abstract_Logic

Reaction score
I've currently used one of these blocks for about 6 months and there definitely is a difference. My guitar is now acoustically louder and the low notes stand out more. sustain is improved a bit as well. Overall i'd recommend it

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
I've currently used one of these blocks for about 6 months and there definitely is a difference. My guitar is now acoustically louder and the low notes stand out more. sustain is improved a bit as well. Overall i'd recommend it
what kind of tremolo you have?(ibanes, ofr)
when you say "acoustically louder", what youre sayng is that you dont get higher output from the pickups? just better resonance from the instrument?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup. Lots of people do that upgrade. I put one on the RG7CT and it's the best possible upgrade you can do to a Lo Pro IMO. Doesn't really affect it tone wise, but using the bar is much more pleasant.

')