Flying V style 7s?

• Thread starter Shenaniganizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
Does anyone else, besides Schecter, make this kind of guitar for cheap?
I really want to get the Korina V7 off of drumcityguitarland.com, but I fear it'll be out of stock by the time I get the money. It's a limited edition guitar, so it won't be in production anymore. :noway:

I would buy the white one, but that abalone is so damn gaudy and stupid-looking that it'd bother the hell out of me.

So, are there any other companies that make that type of guitar, for around the same price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
BC Rich have the JRV7 i think it is, also ESP and Emperion do flying V styled 7s I believe, as well as Agile (though you may end up going custom)

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
BC Rich have the JRV7 i think it is, also ESP and Emperion do flying V styled 7s I believe, as well as Agile (though you may end up going custom)

Agile has a bunch of Vs online right now.

Agile Hornet Pro 725 Black w/ Floyd Rose w/Case at RondoMusic.com
Agile Hornet Pro 725 Black Duncan w/Case at RondoMusic.com
Agile Hornet Pro 727 White w/ Floyd Rose at RondoMusic.com
Agile Hornet Pro 727 Black EB Fixed at RondoMusic.com

The only other 7 string V I can think of beside the one that already have been named is the Devin Townsend Sig from Peavey. But I don't know when it will come out and how much it will cost :scratch:
Peavey

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
So, Schecter is the only one that makes the Gibson-style Vs in a 7 string? :(

The Agile Hornets are looking good, but I wonder why the fixed-bridge black one is $50 more than the FR white one.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Here's how the BC Rich Jr V 7 looks like, it goes for around $599:

jrv7tp.jpg

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Respectfully, the BC Rich JRV 7 string is a smokin' deal for $599 and the ONLY reason I would get the Agile over it would be if I wanted the 27" scale. 25.5 vs 25.5 from each the Original Floyd and almost for sure better fret work of the BC Rich = win.

If the Schecter had an Ebony fret board then it would be the equal of the BC Rich imho and of course if you like Rosewood better or don't care then by all means the Schecter has the Original Floyd also so again imho = win over Agile.

please Agile Army, I did not say the Agile sux ok. Long Live Agile. They have nice looking guitars that many here like just fine. I understand that and am glad they offer competition and choice. If they ever make a Neck Thru V with Original Floyd I would probably give it a try. I especally like their ebony boards with no inlays. I also like the Hornet top load controls/panel because it makes changing the control layout easy, on the Hornet anyways. I dont like the one piece Maple neck though. Make that an Agile Neck Thru V with Original Floyd and 5pc neck like the Interceptor. Natural Finish. That would work for sure.

I_infect

Reaction score
damn the color, but the BC rich smokes its competition in its price range. Talk to Larry at Beat Street; he'll cut ya a break.

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
damn the color, but the BC rich smokes its competition in its price range. Talk to Larry at Beat Street; he'll cut ya a break.

Fo rizzle? How do I get a hold of him, and how do I get this "break?" Because I don't have the money just yet..

MSalonen

Reaction score
For me it's not the purple of the BCRich, it's the shape.

It's like a King V with Downs Syndrome.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
There was an Epiphone 7-string V on the market back in the early 2000's... they're rather rare now but every so often one pops up... There's one in my basement right now, actually :D

rob_l

Reaction score
!!!! This purple looks so deadly in person, and looks glossy black in dim light its the most badass color i've seen yet, save for a thread a few days ago for a custom swirl paint job.

Agreed. And it plays and sounds equally lethal after a swap to some JB/59's.... :D

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...-bc-rich-jrv7-rga8-and-rgd2127-grey-pafs.html

1.jpg

3.jpg

And the fretwork on this, and my Rizzo Stealth-7 is amazing for a Korean guit... This is about as Macro as it gets... lol
8.jpg

Shenaniganizer

Reaction score
Is the body as small as it looks in the pictures?
It seriously looks like a kid's version of the King V. A PeeWee Vee. I don't want to be holding a toy in my hands, boys. :p

For me it's not the purple of the BCRich, it's the shape.

It's like a King V with Downs Syndrome.

Well, basically, this.

There was an Epiphone 7-string V on the market back in the early 2000's... they're rather rare now but every so often one pops up... There's one in my basement right now, actually :D

Would you sell it?

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Is the body as small as it looks in the pictures?
It seriously looks like a kid's version of the King V. A PeeWee Vee. I don't want to be holding a toy in my hands, boys. :p

Well, basically, this.

Would you sell it?

Probably not. It's the only non-custom Korina 7-string I've ever seen. I owned two at one point, though.

haffner1

Reaction score
Once you are wearing it it feels about the same as a regular king V. I have one of those and a Hornet, which is shaped like the King V, and I really don't notice much difference.

')